Cheney at Auschwitz yesterday

VABills

You know een I admit that Bush and Cheney have done enough to have critics and non critics complain about things. But for the Washington Post to run a multipage article about how Cheney was dressed incorrectly for the ceremonies yesterday is just too much. They complained yes it was cold but Cheney should have sucked it up and not worn the parka and hat.

Sorry, but this is just plain old mean politics and inappropriate reporting on the part of the Post.

You know een I admit that Bush and Cheney have done enough to have critics and non critics complain about things.  But for the Washington Post to run a multipage article about how Cheney was dressed incorrectly for the ceremonies yesterday is just too much.  They complained yes it was cold but Cheney should have sucked it up and not worn the parka and hat. 

Sorry, but this is just plain old mean politics and inappropriate reporting on the part of the Post.

221408[/snapback]

Some people are only happy when they can B word about something. Slow news day, perhaps?

You know een I admit that Bush and Cheney have done enough to have critics and non critics complain about things.  But for the Washington Post to run a multipage article about how Cheney was dressed incorrectly for the ceremonies yesterday is just too much.  They complained yes it was cold but Cheney should have sucked it up and not worn the parka and hat. 

221408[/snapback]

They know he's bald, right?

221408[/snapback]

I saw a pretty good picture yesterday of some Auschwitz survivors at the ceremony...

...wearing parkas and hats. :w00t:

You think that's bad? The Daily Texan (official newspaper of the University of Texas at Austin) used the occasion to compare Auschwitz to what our troops are doing in Iraq on their Opinion page.

Daily Texan Online

What, you thought that the lesson was, "Never again would killings occur on a massive scale?" Please.

It happened in China in 1966 when Mao led the Cultural revolution and killed 11 million people to promote his party and solidify his rule. It happened in Cambodia when Pol Pot murdered 1.7 million citizens in the mid-70s.

One million died in Algeria fighting the French, because Charles DeGaulle ordered it. Brezhnev killed 900,000 when Russia invaded Afghanistan, and 800,000 died in Rwanda in the 1990s.

No mention of the mass graves in Iraq but they do make a connection to Iraq.....

Cheney's words ring hollow as his administration attempts to promote a man who expressly condones torture, Alberto Gonzales, to the highest law-enforcement position in the United States. They ring hollow as more evidence is uncovered that the acts of barbarism at Abu Ghraib were not isolated incidents but rather acts according to policy set down by the executive branch.

They ring hollow as 200,000 Iraqi civilians - at last count - die in a needless war while the United States admits that there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, and quietly stopped searching for them after the election. What we are doing in Iraq is not genocide, but it is still massive unjustified killing.

Read it all and marvel at the stupidity. I'd love to know where they got 200,000 from. There was that one study released just a week before the election that said 100,000 but its methods were very questionable and almost every other study gave figures an order of magnitude less than that. But, hey, whatever.

Again, you have to wonder what journalists are actually qualified to do. They basically just write about things they don't understand (economy, politics, war, etc.) and they actually have to go to college to learn how to do even that.

Again, you have to wonder what journalists are actually qualified to do.  They basically just write about things they don't understand (economy, politics, war, etc.) and they actually have to go to college to learn how to do even that.

221518[/snapback]

Obviously you haven't been reading Jimmys posts. He knows everything and just graduated with a liberal arts degree in Math. :w00t::D (LA in math, why bother?????).

You think that's bad?  The Daily Texan (official newspaper of the University of Texas at Austin) used the occasion to compare Auschwitz to what our troops are doing in Iraq on their Opinion page.

Daily Texan Online

No mention of the mass graves in Iraq but they do make a connection to Iraq.....

Read it all and marvel at the stupidity.  I'd love to know where they got 200,000 from.  There was that one study released just a week before the election that said 100,000 but its methods were very questionable and almost every other study gave figures an order of magnitude less than that.  But, hey, whatever.

Again, you have to wonder what journalists are actually qualified to do.  They basically just write about things they don't understand (economy, politics, war, etc.) and they actually have to go to college to learn how to do even that.

221518[/snapback]

just another example of ignorant leftism.

Like there's any other kind.

just another example of ignorant leftism.

Like there's any other kind.

221539[/snapback]

It's more than that. You go to journalism school and you come out with less perspective (and more idealogy) than you had before. It's not like I got my BS in mechanical engineering and had even less understanding than when I started.

Obviously you haven't been reading Jimmys posts.  He knows everything and just graduated with a liberal arts degree in Math.  :w00t:  :D  (LA in math, why bother?????).

221535[/snapback]

Now, if he knows everything, and has forgotten more than we know, how can he know everything? Particularly given that I know a hell of a lot...for him to have forgotten more than I know, he'd be a babbling drooling idiot afterwards...

...explains a lot, don't it? :D

Are you reffering to the Times story or the post that started this thread?

221954[/snapback]

I am referring to the Post story that was referenced in the original post. It was one of the lead stories on the Post website.

Was the coat a little much? Maybe. Does Cheney and the United States deserve critiscism? Please. And if any more DOES come, then the U.S. should remind all those loudmouths "over there" that the color olive drab Cheney wore was the same color as the uniforms of the tens of thousands of American soldiers who sacrificed their lives to liberate Europe from the Nazis in the first place, so that the gates to all those terrible camps could be opened.

Game, set, match.

In other news today... a total of five people paused to remember those we lost ninteen years ago in the last flight of Space Shuttle Challenger...

222048[/snapback]

What were those five people wearing? :lol:

I am referring to the Post story that was referenced in the original post. It was one of the lead stories on the Post website.

221959[/snapback]

I am torn as to which is the more irrelevant non-story, Cheney's wardrobe, the Post's complaints or the complaints about the Post's complaints.