monday night football

ch19079

Historically, ABC's format was teams with a winning record the previous year- with a rare 8-8 club featured. We pass this test plus we are likely to get a lot of preseason hype as a late up & comer from last year. We will likely play an AFC East team and may make a couple Sunday nighters as well..

ABC is also toying with having 2 MNF games going at the same time to offset the typical blowouts..

The Bills have asked the league office to not schedule primetime games in Buffalo. The Bills marketing scheme is to "regionalize" the team and draw from all over upstate NY and the Niagara Peninsula. A typical Sunday 1 PM kickoff works with that plan by allowing folks enough time to drive home after the game and have a good night's sleep for work on Monday. That's why over the last few years, all of the Bills primetime games have been on the road.

To even it up a bit, the schedulers throw the Bills a bone by sending a playoff team to Orchard Park near the end of the season. This year it was the Steelers.

I think the Bills will get a road MNF game next year. Willis McGahee makes for an interesting story. A MNF game with WM returning to Miami might be compelling.

The Bills have asked the league office to not schedule primetime games in Buffalo.  The Bills marketing scheme is to "regionalize" the team and draw from all over upstate NY and the Niagara Peninsula.  A typical Sunday 1 PM kickoff works with that plan by allowing folks enough time to drive home after the game and have a good night's sleep for work on Monday.  That's why over the last few years, all of the Bills primetime games have been on the road. 

To even it up a bit, the schedulers throw the Bills a bone by sending a playoff team to Orchard Park near the end of the season.  This year it was the Steelers.

I think the Bills will get a road MNF game next year.  Willis McGahee makes for an interesting story.  A MNF game with WM returning to Miami might be compelling.

221411[/snapback]

if miami plays on MNF after going 3-13 i will be PISSED!!!!!!

Historically, ABC's format was teams with a winning record the previous year- with a rare 8-8 club featured. We pass this test plus we are likely to get a lot of preseason hype as a late up & comer from last year. We will likely play an AFC East team and may make a couple Sunday nighters as well..

ABC is also toying with having 2 MNF games going at the same time  to offset the typical blowouts..

221373[/snapback]

I agree with the up and coming part. I see us getting one MNF game, and 2 SNF games. Look for one of those to be againist the Panthers.....just my hunch.

I hope we have 16 Sunday 1:00 games.

Anything else messes with my schedule :w00t:

221395[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. Hate 4 oclock games as I like to TIVO the one oclock games and watch without commercials from 4.30 to 6.

Unfortunetly, the one habit I absolutely cannot quit is drinkin beer during a bills game. And a six pack just doesn't get er done!

So the night games just crush me the next day.

16 one oclock games is my vote, or if a night game, Saturday at the end of the season

The Bills have asked the league office to not schedule primetime games in Buffalo.  The Bills marketing scheme is to "regionalize" the team and draw from all over upstate NY and the Niagara Peninsula.  A typical Sunday 1 PM kickoff works with that plan by allowing folks enough time to drive home after the game and have a good night's sleep for work on Monday.  That's why over the last few years, all of the Bills primetime games have been on the road. 

To even it up a bit, the schedulers throw the Bills a bone by sending a playoff team to Orchard Park near the end of the season.  This year it was the Steelers.

I think the Bills will get a road MNF game next year.  Willis McGahee makes for an interesting story.  A MNF game with WM returning to Miami might be compelling.

221411[/snapback]

I believe this was the case before TD arrived. Last year he went on record saying that he is not opposed to playing a Prime Time game in Buffalo. I think we'll get two prime time games this year, a Sunday night and a Monday night, with one of them being at home.