If and this is a big if

VABills

If Drew is cut, or Matthews not extended. We are going to need a backup QB, or even a 3rd stringer. Why not give Couch a shot at least at the #3 Qb.

Couch has been diagnosed with fraying in his right rotator cuff, his agent, Tom Condon, said Wednesday, Packers.news.com reports. Condon said Couch’s rotator cuff didn’t require surgery, but the injury helps explain why the QB was so unimpressive in both training camp with the Packers and then later on in a tryout with the Bears. Free agency begins March 2, and Condon hopes to find Couch, who has been rehabbing, a new team shortly after that. Look for some organization to give him a chance to win a backup job.

Hmmm. A former #1 overall pick with cement shoes, little pocket presence and questions surrounding his ability. Where have I heard this before ? I did read that his arm is back to full strength, which is a plus.

I don't think he fits what Mularkey is looking for in a QB. Some athleticism/mobility is needed. Someone mentioned Kordell, who is familiar with the offense but his skills may have passed him by. Still, they might bring him in again to work him out. Charlie Batch is another who knows the offense and is available. That's probably realistic.

Couch is a possibility but his style doesn't seem to be a good fit here.

because he wants to start , not be a back up . did you bring this up for losman 7 ?????? :P  :)

221313[/snapback]

He wants to start ? He'll be lucky to be in the league after this year.

He better hope he has staying power like Rick Mirer

because he wants to start , not be a back up . did you bring this up for losman 7 ?????? :P  :)

221313[/snapback]

Not from what I read. He seems very willing to be a backup at this point. Also, I thought at Kentucky he ran more of a run and shoot type offense where he had to move a lot, bootlegs, etc... Maybe not a lot of running, but moving the pocket was a big part of that offense. Something Cleveland never did with him. In fact his accurracy and ability to move the pocket may actually be the exact type of fit we need if in fact we want Losman to learn to move and think pass first.