If I'm Hackett......

26TrapDraw

If I'm Hackett, I'd study a lot more game tape of Chan Gailey and see how he managed to get CJ to produce 6 yards per carry while I'm only getting 4 yards per carry out of him. And then I'd draw up some plays to hopefully get CJ to the second level. I want Miami's banged up or back up LBs trying to run down and tackle CJ. Good luck!

And, yep, combine this with some quick slants and dump offs to the running backs. As Beef says, put stress on the LBs all game long.

Kind of perplexing isn't it? Last year when Hackett went with a 4 wide spread, and ran a draw out of the shotgun it was successful for 6+ yards, and then didn't use it again. He clearly wants to try and max protect a lot of the time to keep EJ upright. The problem is that formation doesn't usually work well with a hurry up offense, as he proved last year.

Gailey stated he ran with 4-5 WR's to create a mismatch with opposing LBers vs DB's. With running a 4+ WR spread the defense then subs in extra DB's to cover those WR's, and then its easier for the run game to make yards. Should the defense stay in a normal set, and keep the LBer's in then its a mismatch as the LBers will be forced to cover a WR.

Considering the talent Hackett now has in the receiving corps you would think he would want to run those 4 WR spread sets. Gailey never had talent like this. Then if he wants to use a max protect, power run formation then why doesn't he have extra tackles on the field instead of TE's?

Lets face it that last year Hackett was so conservative, and predictable it's no wonder the offense was one of the worst in three downs, and out. We gotta hope he learned something from last year.

Chandler should have a good day if he can catch the freakin ball.

+1.

Lets face it that last year Hackett was so conservative, and predictable it's no wonder the offense was one of the worst in three downs, and out. We gotta hope he learned something from last year.

When your starting QB is out for a signficant time and you are using two scrubs picked off the scrap heap, you are going to be conservative. It is not like Hackett had enough weapons to play last year