X Class Solar Storm headed our way

Deranged Rhino

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We felt your pain, Tom.

Are you at least going to take a week or two off before staring the new gig?

Maybe. My last project was such a grueling death march of failure, and my previous company such a wretched hive of scum and villainy (but without the charm of a tall man wearing dog pelts), that I should take a week just to clear the negativity from my head.

It's a position I've been pursuing for weeks; I'd expected the offer, the timing of my project's implosion and the offer is just "ironic."

Maybe. My last project was such a grueling death march of failure, and my previous company such a wretched hive of scum and villainy (but without the charm of a tall man wearing dog pelts), that I should take a week just to clear the negativity from my head.

It's a position I've been pursuing for weeks; I'd expected the offer, the timing of my project's implosion and the offer is just "ironic."

:lol:

Well, I hope you get to decompress before jumping back in. Maybe an opportunity for a bit of Whisky Dick time?

Is posting on TBD actually a job? How do you get paid for this activity?

:blush:

Passing billions dollars of sh*t over sh*t... That's one way... Missing weekends, holidays like Christmas, and being 500 miles from the nearest family member. Boy what a sucky trade off... But it is a life and pays the bills... :bag:

that I should take a week just to clear the negativity from my head.

How many years have you been here? Keep giving it the old college try! :nana: :nana:

Tom without the negativity isn't really Tom

:lol: You can say that again!

What exactly would he become? I would loved to see it! I think Neil Young touches on it a little:

"...We got a thousand points of light

For the homeless man

We got a kinder, gentler,

Machine gun hand

We got department stores

and toilet paper

Got styrofoam boxes

for the ozone layer

Got a man of the people,

says keep hope alive

Got fuel to burn,

got roads to drive..."

Perhaps it's just the way I think, but I don't find Tom particularly negative.

I actually had a co-worker tell me "I'm going to miss working with you. You're always so positive and humble."

Everyone within earshot laughed. Even me. She wasn't even being sarcastic.

I actually had a co-worker tell me "I'm going to miss working with you. You're always so positive and humble."

Everyone within earshot laughed. Even me. She wasn't even being sarcastic.

:lol:

I don't find you particularly negative. But "positive" and especially "humble" are two words I can't believe were ever applied to you. That's some good stuff right there.

To paraphrase the great Bugs Bunny line: She don't know me very well, do she?