X Class Solar Storm headed our way

Deranged Rhino

Nope. THat's me. Unfortunately, it is still a family farm so any money I make now I reinvest to the farm vs. keep a chunk of it. As payment for working the farm my family pays some of my bills, etc.

I specialize in logistics/supply chain and warehouse ops. I was lured to a small company trying to get to the next level but felt that company was not where they sold me they were. I had two guys that either never came to work or left early. One of them showed up high on an all night coke bender and ended up passing out on a forklift. I could not wake him, notified the owner who suspended him three days but dropped it down to 1 day because he showed remorse. It wasn't his first time nor his last. He disallowed me from further disciplinary action because the two specific employees were on their last legs and only needed one more write up; he did not want to fire them. I went to my quarterly review and he notified me he was unhappy with my teams performance and did not like the way work was not getting accomplished. I told him I was unhappy with his management in ownership style and after a very tense hour meeting we both agreed that I did not fit the company and his company did not fit me.

It was !@#$ed up.

Dude? Well you are better off not with the company, that much is clear. If your boss holds you responsible for the performance of the team, but you have no control over the team, you are in a no-win situation.

Too bad you have to find a job while unemployed--that sucks. You have my sincerest sympathy.

My guess is, you will end up in a far better position. Enjoy the time off while you have it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solar radiation is primarily charged particles, not photons. So they have mass, so they're slower than light.

Thanks for this. Sorry to hear about both you and Boyst's job situation. I'm perpetually between jobs, we can form a touring singing tour if either of you can hold a tune. I just play the triangle, but I play it really well.

If it's clear tomorrow night, be sure to look for the aurora borealis.

And sorry to hear of your job situations jboyst and Tom. That's the reason I m in Philadelphia. Not that it's turned out badly tho, the job is freaking awesome and they love my butt.

Edited by Philly McButterpants

And sorry to hear of your job situations jboyst and Tom. That's the reason I m in Philadelphia. Not that it's turned out badly tho, the job is freaking awesome and they love my butt.

I'm not sure those guys are interested in a job where they love their butts.... Male dancer by chance?

So you are saying you work with as# kissers?

And sorry to hear of your job situations jboyst and Tom.

Thanks for this. Sorry to hear about both you and Boyst's job situation.

Thanks, but the sympathy's unnecessary. I'm getting out of one of the most dysfunctional and dishonest environments I've ever seen or heard of. Seriously...the only time in my 18-year career I've been specifically told to lie to the client and falsify records. I didn't, which is one of the reasons the project is shelved.

Overall, unemployment's less demeaning.

Thanks, but the sympathy's unnecessary. I'm getting out of one of the most dysfunctional and dishonest environments I've ever seen or heard of. Seriously...the only time in my 18-year career I've been specifically told to lie to the client and falsify records. I didn't, which is one of the reasons the project is shelved.

Overall, unemployment's less demeaning.

I was asked to do something similar once (except to our new President of the company, by the GM). I walked out of the meeting, and my job.

By the way - I'm no longer unemployed.

It was a rough 48 hours, thanks for all your support.

We felt your pain, Tom.

Are you at least going to take a week or two off before staring the new gig?