X Class Solar Storm headed our way

Deranged Rhino

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we get a game like the San Diego one a few years back... Where the mylar balloon took out the power?

My brother was @ that one and said it was really enjoyable... Until the power was restored and they barraged the stadium over the PA with all the backlogged ads. :-(

Hand signals, no clocks, no tech, etc... Like a high-school game!

That would be just the perfectly !@#$ed up ending to my perfectly !@#$ed up week.

Firstly, I hope your week improves. Secondly, a physics question... does it really take two days for solar radiation to travel to Earth? Light only takes 8 minutes, does solar radiation move that much slower? #physicsnewb

Firstly, I hope your week improves. Secondly, a physics question... does it really take two days for solar radiation to travel to Earth? Light only takes 8 minutes, does solar radiation move that much slower? #physicsnewb

No it just needs to stop off at Mercury and Venus first. And if you've ever spent a few hours on Venus you'll know it takes a good day and half to get your bearings back. That's one !@#$ing party planet.

Can we get a game like the San Diego one a few years back... Where the mylar balloon took out the power?

My brother was @ that one and said it was really enjoyable... Until the power was restored and they barraged the stadium over the PA with all the backlogged ads. :-(

Hand signals, no clocks, no tech, etc... Like a high-school game!

I saw the balloon and the "explosion". That was cool.

Very cool without power.

Worst part was power was restored briefly, I went to a packed bathroom when the power went out... we are talking Howe Caverns darkness.

I saw the balloon and the "explosion". That was cool.

Very cool without power.

Worst part was power was restored briefly, I went to a packed bathroom when the power went out... we are talking Howe Caverns darkness.

Howe Caverns darkness... with fully occupied man-troughs.

That's my nightmare.

It would be fitting if the storm knocks out some satellites/power plants and those of us not in the 716 can't see the game this weekend.

Thats why those not in the 716 should just go to the game.

Sissy.

That would be just the perfectly !@#$ed up ending to my perfectly !@#$ed up week.

Ditto. This weekend is a vacation, next weekend looking for a new job.

No it just needs to stop off at Mercury and Venus first. And if you've ever spent a few hours on Venus you'll know it takes a good day and half to get your bearings back. That's one !@#$ing party planet.

Thats funny ****.

Ditto. This weekend is a vacation, next weekend looking for a new job.

Job? I thought you were a cattle baron? Do I have the wrong poster?

But, in any event, good luck man. Job hunting (when you actually need a new job) sucks. But enjoy your vacation to the fullest! Let's cap if off with a Bills rout.

BTW, I freaking love solar storms. Unfortunately I'm not in the best spot to fully enjoy them. I have had the pleasure of watching some in nice, secluded spots and there is nothing quite like it.

Solar radiation is primarily charged particles, not photons. So they have mass, so they're slower than light.

Job? I thought you were a cattle baron? Do I have the wrong poster?

But, in any event, good luck man. Job hunting (when you actually need a new job) sucks. But enjoy your vacation to the fullest! Let's cap if off with a Bills rout.

BTW, I freaking love solar storms. Unfortunately I'm not in the best spot to fully enjoy them. I have had the pleasure of watching some in nice, secluded spots and there is nothing quite like it.

Nope. THat's me. Unfortunately, it is still a family farm so any money I make now I reinvest to the farm vs. keep a chunk of it. As payment for working the farm my family pays some of my bills, etc.

I specialize in logistics/supply chain and warehouse ops. I was lured to a small company trying to get to the next level but felt that company was not where they sold me they were. I had two guys that either never came to work or left early. One of them showed up high on an all night coke bender and ended up passing out on a forklift. I could not wake him, notified the owner who suspended him three days but dropped it down to 1 day because he showed remorse. It wasn't his first time nor his last. He disallowed me from further disciplinary action because the two specific employees were on their last legs and only needed one more write up; he did not want to fire them. I went to my quarterly review and he notified me he was unhappy with my teams performance and did not like the way work was not getting accomplished. I told him I was unhappy with his management in ownership style and after a very tense hour meeting we both agreed that I did not fit the company and his company did not fit me.

It was !@#$ed up.