Funny 'gay marriage' story

Two straight guys from New Zealand are big rugby fans.

The 2015 Rugby World Cup will be held in England.

New Zealand radio station offers prize to send same-sex couples which, if they were to get married, the radio station would send them on an all-expenses paid trip to England for the World Cup.

Two straight guys decide to get married to win the prize, and vow to stay married for two years (at least until after they return from the World Cup).

FYI New Zealand law does not require the marriage to be consummated to make it legal.

LGBT groups are "outraged" and "insulted" by this because this "makes a mockery of the institution of marriage."

One story

Contest background

• 3 weeks later...

Sad and stupid for the government to go to this level. Of course, I don't really understand the refusal of baking a !@#$ing cake. For crying out loud.

Let's face it. The baker is an ignorant douche. The lesbian couple are total d-bags for forcing the issue instead of just finding another baker. (It's Oregon for god's sake--the local Safeway bakery case sells cakes decorated as strap-ons.) And the government extension to the depths of baking a single cake is a travesty.

Lose-lose-lose.

Edited by John Adams

Let's face it. The baker is an ignorant douche. The lesbian couple are total d-bags for forcing the issue instead of just finding another baker. (It's Oregon for god's sake--the local Safeway bakery case sells cakes decorated as strap-ons.) And the government extension to the depths of baking a single cake is a travesty.

Lose-lose-lose.

I know. Sticking to your deeply held beliefs and values is so douchy.

As a quick reminder to those who want to "amend" the story.

The bakery(and others like it around the country) sold their baked goods to gays, all the time. No discrimination.

If you were gay and came in the shop, buy whatever you want.

If a gay couple wanted a cake for a party, or a graduation...............no problem.

The only thing that the couple objected to was participating in a gay marriage, due to their strongly held beliefs

But.......as LABillz link says..............you will be made to care

Now the couple that rented out their place specifically for weddings......thats different.

Lose-lose-lose.

The lesbian couple didn't lose anything. They got precisely what they wanted.

I judge douchy behavior but I defend their right to be douchy.

Wesboro Baptists?

So allowing a business owner to choose who they work work is douchy? So counselor how many clients have you chose not to work with? I love the fact that I don't have to work work every person seeking my help.

So allowing a business owner to choose who they work work is douchy? So counselor how many clients have you chose not to work with? I love the fact that I don't have to work work every person seeking my help.

If you don't want to work with a black person because you hate n**ers, you'd be a douche.

You have the right to work with who you want. And if you choose not to work with someone on grounds that I find offensive, I will judge you.

They are not being douchy to exercise their choice; they are being douchy because they have a rationale I disagree with.

So you're judging private non-secular behavior as douchy, and drawing a false equivelance between Fred Phelps and privately practicing your religious convictions?

/golfclap

See my note above. Phelps and his ilk exercise their douchy rationale in ways that are mostly legal.

The anti-gay-marriage bakers exercise their douchy rationale as well.

I judge both of their rationale as douchy. On a scale, one is clearly worse.

Edited by John Adams

If you don't want to work with a black person because you hate n**ers, you'd be a douche.

You have the right to work with who you want. And if you choose not to work with someone on grounds that I find offensive, I will judge you.

They are not being douchy to exercise their choice; they are being douchy because they have a rationale I disagree with.

So they didn't work work they couple because they hate them? Really?? You do know they had done work for them before right?

And if someone has a rationale you disagree with they're a douche. How tolerate. And also must suck to have so many people you consider douches.