Gugny Loves Craftsmen

Rob's House

Thanks Wacka... I never knew that. Hope you are feeling better!

Feeling OK. Still waiting for medicare or medicaid (whatever it is called). My sis is driving my mom to the doctor in a half an hour. I am going along just to get out of the house It is in the southtowns and asked my sis to drive past the Ralph while mom is in the office so I can see the renovations in person. Taking my iPhone to fet photos.

She volunteers for it. She waits until I'm not home...then when I get home, I hear "The pressure washer's broke. I don't know what happened."

Then I get "You never do anything around the house." Yes...because I have to spend all my time following her around fixing the damage from when SHE does things around the house.

I feel your pain. My wife decided to mow the lawn while I was at work (God bless her) so I told her to check the oil. Apparently she doesn't understand the concept of the dipstick because she filled it to the top. It must run in the family b/c her brother mowed the lawn when we let him stay with us and did the same damn thing.

Come to think of it I should probably give Craftsman some credit because I was able to get that mower running again after both of those incidents.

My Craftsman mower from 20+ years ago won't die! Briggs and Stratton motor (Eager-1 I think?)... I simply can't justify a new one until it blows up! Any clue how to make it blow without tipping off the family bean counter?

I just welded the broken handle... I refuse to even sharpen the blade... My grass hates me for that. I don't have the kill switch (plug block ground) connected... It runs without a dead man cut-off being the plug to block ground is pinned back with a cable tie... I kill the thing by pulling off the air filter and blocking the air intake!

I do keep it clean and washed though (hate a dirty garage).

Any suggestions... I even filled it up with too much oil one time... Thing just burns it off!

My mower with the Briggs and Stratton is a champ. Still runs after the episodes I just described. The weed eater is another story.

If I was Craftsman, I would sue you.

That's just silly.

Although in light of how this turned out I suppose I should change the thread title.

Come to think of it I should probably give Craftsman some credit because I was able to get that mower running again after both of those incidents.

Small engines not as bad overfilling rather than underfilling leaving NO oil. There's only one piston and no oil pump/sending unit. Still not good to do. Tilt the engine and drain some out... Or if its close, just let it burn off/blow out... Some seals are already probably leaking. Like I said, I can't get my Craftsman (Briggs & Stratton) mower to to bite the big one!. Small engines are pretty indestructable now... Especially my 2-cycle leaf blower from 16 years ago. There is nothing really too it. Now, except the lemon you got! Never made it past the break in period, that's probably were the fatal trouble was... Maybe the way it was manufactured... Imporper tolerances, etc... Who knows? They will probably recondition it and sell it @ the outlet.