Gugny Loves Craftsmen

Rob's House

Just bought and assembled a brand new Craftsman pressure washer with a Honda engine. I followed the directions to a T, checked the oil twice, and cranked it. It ran for 5 minutes, gave off a horrible smell, and stopped. Engine locked up and pull start won't budge. Absolute POS. No wonder Sears is going out of business.

Edited by Rob's House

Just bought and assembled a brand new Craftsman pressure washer with a Honda engine. I followed the directions to a T, checked the oil twice, and cranked it. It ran for 5 minutes, gave off a horrible smell, and stopped. Engine locked up and pull start won't budge. Absolute POS. No wonder Sears is going out of business.

Why Craftsman... Sounds like Honda is the problem... Don't buy a Honda. Craftsman is a brand they just slap on other things made by other producers.

Like Craftsman garage door openers. They are Chamberlains. Actually here is the breakdown:

Craftsman GDO = Chamberlain = LiftMaster.

LiftMaster is just the professionally installed version... AND the track comes one piece... Since they can deliver it by installation vehicle and saves time in installing it.

I don't understand why boycott Craftsman... So many companies make for Craftsman. It's kinda like AMC... Oh, wait... Pacers and Gremlin's sucked azz! LoL....

maybe you simply got a bad one....i bet you can return it...if it's an engine problem, shouldn't you advise against buying honda products

Beat me too it.

That's not sexy Pooj. Like I said, I am pretty sure "Craftsman" makes nothing on their own. Maybe hand tools... But some other company has to be behind those? It is is always some other company behind the brand.

Kenmore is predominately Whirlpool.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Thats a Honda problem.

I have many Craftsman products that do well. Three chainsaws that are over 25 years old that run well enough. My primary, well, I have two - are Husqvarna's, though.

Nonetheless, I have quite a few of the Craftsman series of tools that do well.

Just returned it. In fairness to Sears they swapped it out no problem. Hopefully it was just a one off.

I have a Craftsman Pressure Washer with a Honda motor, come to think of it.

It is about 12 years old, runs very good. The trick is NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER run the unit without water connected and flowing to the unit otherwise your water pump will overheat and burn up. It is best to not let it run for excessive times without passing water thru it. If you're going to idle it, open your valve and let it flow out.

Edited by jboyst62

You were running water through it, right?

So you forgot to put the oil in. Got it.

Oil in it, water running through it. It's my second Craftsman pressure washer.

Every single problem I've had with Craftsman pressure washers - outlet hoses burned through or clogged, engine seized, engine blown - is directly related to my wife trying to use it.

You married?

Just returned it. In fairness to Sears they swapped it out no problem. Hopefully it was just a one off.

LoL... Keep us informed Rob! Can't wait till yiu crank the new one up! ;-)

And there is why Craftsman does what it does. Just think if you had to go through Honda directly... It could take forever. Brands like Craftsman are in business to provide you with service. Something is bad, just walk into a Sears or K-mart a mile away and swap it out... They will handle the details with the manu!

Good luck... We're all counting on you to get a better one! ;-)

Oil in it, water running through it. It's my second Craftsman pressure washer.

My Craftsman mower from 20+ years ago won't die! Briggs and Stratton motor (Eager-1 I think?)... I simply can't justify a new one until it blows up! Any clue how to make it blow without tipping off the family bean counter?

I just welded the broken handle... I refuse to even sharpen the blade... My grass hates me for that. I don't have the kill switch (plug block ground) connected... It runs without a dead man cut-off being the plug to block ground is pinned back with a cable tie... I kill the thing by pulling off the air filter and blocking the air intake!

I do keep it clean and washed though (hate a dirty garage).

Any suggestions... I even filled it up with too much oil one time... Thing just burns it off!

If I was Craftsman, I would sue you.

LoL... Did you ever hear what happened with the blind carpenter?

He picked up his hammer and saw!

Every single problem I've had with Craftsman pressure washers - outlet hoses burned through or clogged, engine seized, engine blown - is directly related to my wife trying to use it.

You married?

Ha! Gr8 one... I have a genset... I told my wife: "We lose power, DO NOT attempt to start... Text or call me ASAP... I will be right home!" LMAO....

Forget about the mower, weed eater, power washer... I don't think she knows those things exist! ;-)

Craftsman tools were Stanley for a long time. Got a socket set in 79. In mid 90a the ratchet broke. Took it tp Seats and got a replacement socket in seconds. Still working fine.

Edited by Wacka

Craftsman tools were Stanley for a long time. Got a socket set in 79/ in mid 90a the ratchet broke. Tookit tp Seats and got a replacement ratchet in seconds. Still working fine.

Thanks Wacka... I never knew that. Hope you are feeling better!

The Craftsman tool thing is a great thing. They since modified it a little to only include hand tools AND only the ones w/the Craftsman name. Not the "Evo" series... Cheaper and made in China. Back in the day, my mother and father were in Sears. My father noticed an old beat up Craftsman snow shovel in the garbage... All broken, covered in tar... LoL... He convince my mother to grab it and try and return it... LoL My mother was hesitant, but did it. Anyway, she takes the thing to an associate. She said: "You should have seen the look on his face!" "Like lady, WTF did you do to this!" She's like: "It broke." Holding a straight face... LMAO! Yeah, like how'd it fall into the Le Brea Tar Pits too? Anyway, they gave her a new one! HA!

Thanks for helping to change the policy Ma & Dad! :-/

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Ha! Gr8 one... I have a genset... I told my wife: "We lose power, DO NOT attempt to start... Text or call me ASAP... I will be right home!" LMAO....

Forget about the mower, weed eater, power washer... I don't think she knows those things exist! ;-)

I wish I were kidding. She put too much oil in it. She drained all the oil out of it. She put the wrong kind of oil in it. She ran it without running water through it. She wrapped the hose around the manifold "to keep it coiled neatly" while she was running it. EVERY SINGLE DAMN TIME she uses it, she burns a hole in the hose. I've replaced the hose three times. I finally locked it to the wall of the tool shed with a bicycle lock, so she's stop using it.

I'll give you a hint to what she did last weekend: "Roundup."

I wish I were kidding. She put too much oil in it. She drained all the oil out of it. She put the wrong kind of oil in it. She ran it without running water through it. She wrapped the hose around the manifold "to keep it coiled neatly" while she was running it. EVERY SINGLE DAMN TIME she uses it, she burns a hole in the hose. I've replaced the hose three times. I finally locked it to the wall of the tool shed with a bicycle lock, so she's stop using it.

I'll give you a hint to what she did last weekend: "Roundup."

ROTFLMAO!

Gotta be code she is using... For: "Now do you really want to send me out there and do some work?"

Is she "Union." ;-) She'd be a great trainer for those guys! ;-)

ROTFLMAO!

Gotta be code she is using... For: "Now do you really want to send me out there and do some work?"

Is she "Union." ;-) She'd be a great trainer for those guys! ;-)

She volunteers for it. She waits until I'm not home...then when I get home, I hear "The pressure washer's broke. I don't know what happened."

Then I get "You never do anything around the house." Yes...because I have to spend all my time following her around fixing the damage from when SHE does things around the house.