Stadium Route Question

ChevyVanMiller

Coming in from Northtowns this Sunday. Will be getting a later start than I'd like (10:30 AM).

Normally, I take the 219 and get off at Milestrip Rd. I'm guessing that will be packed at the time I arrive. I know some people come in off of the Skyway.

Any suggestions for a good route?

Thanks in advance.

Last season my GPS took me off exit 55 and I went on southwestern from the opposite direction. Instead of coming from Abbott, we came from the other way. No traffic and flew right through it. I'll see if I can find it after my next meeting here

Edit: Just realize thats from memory and I may be totally wrong haha

Edited by Captain Hindsight

Coming in from Northtowns this Sunday. Will be getting a later start than I'd like (10:30 AM).

Normally, I take the 219 and get off at Milestrip Rd. I'm guessing that will be packed at the time I arrive. I know some people come in off of the Skyway.

Thanks in advance.

I live in south Buffalo so I don't have to take the 219 or anything, but if you wanted, you could take the 90, get off on the 400 at Seneca I believe (first exit), work your way up to Abott and take Abott straight down depending on what your plan is for parking.

Or like you said you could come off the skyway and take Milestrip but that gets backed up as well ( I used to take that route when I lived on the west side).

Take the 90 & get off at the 400 exit.

400 to Union Road Exit

Cruise thru West Senca & come up to Southwestern Blvd. (at "5 corners")

Make a right & take Southwestern to the stadium.

(you are kind of making a fish-hook loop, but Southwestern usually moves pretty fast)

This

Take the 90 & get off at the 400 exit.

400 to Union Road Exit

Cruise thru West Senca & come up to Southwestern Blvd. (at "5 corners")

Make a right & take Southwestern to the stadium.

(you are kind of making a fish-hook loop, but Southwestern usually moves pretty fast)

Or you can take 90 to 219 and get off at Ridge road. Take ridge to Orchard Park road. Right at 5 corners onto Southwestern Blvd.

That allows you to stay on the 90 a little bit farther for faster traffic but allows you to get off before it gets super slow near Milestrip.

Thanks in advance.

You can't get there from there.

Thanks in advance.

From Grand island we take the skyway which turns into rt 5

Go to the ford plant/rt 179/miles trip rd about 5 miles from downtown

2 miles to a right on McKinley

1 mile left in brompton( right past the shopping center on left)

Brings you to southwestern , quick left and into the ECC lot.

Always very little traffic that way

From Grand island we take the skyway which turns into rt 5

Go to the ford plant/rt 179/miles trip rd about 5 miles from downtown

2 miles to a right on McKinley

1 mile left in brompton( right past the shopping center on left)

Brings you to southwestern , quick left and into the ECC lot.

Always very little traffic that way

I do the end of that. Take 90 to Milestrip exit turn left. Right through Home Depot and the other plaZa parking lots and get onto McKinley at Wegmans.

I do the end of that. Take 90 to Milestrip exit turn left. Right through Home Depot and the other plaZa parking lots and get onto McKinley at Wegmans.

Yes, we cut through there a ton as well. BTW, there is always a line 20 deep for the head at that Wegmans , all the boys getting their last constitutional in before the reality of portal potties hits home in the lots!

I will say this. And I know it will be unpopular with some. But I think this is a great location for us fans, coming from all over. There are so many different routes, the traffic tends to be fairly light---unless you come right before game time, or leave immediately after--and even then it isn't as bad as many stadiums.

I'm not saying that is where the new stadium should be built. I'm just saying it has been relatively convenient.

Money should be spent on improving roads, doing more deals as they did with trains packages a few years ago and finding some way to improve traffic from Canada including buses and special passports. Do not waste money on a new NFL stadium unless the _NFL_ wants to pay for it.

I will say this. And I know it will be unpopular with some. But I think this is a great location for us fans, coming from all over. There are so many different routes, the traffic tends to be fairly light---unless you come right before game time, or leave immediately after--and even then it isn't as bad as many stadiums.

I'm not saying that is where the new stadium should be built. I'm just saying it has been relatively convenient.

I agree. I hope the stadium stays in OP or else has superior access to it if moved.

Thanks in advance.

Best way in is via Transit and Southwestern or McKinley.

I'm also interested in this, my flight doesn't get in til 11:20, and I will be renting a car and driving from the airport. I'm thinking of the same route and wondering what the quickest way to park (I'm willing to walk a ways to the stadium if it's more likely to get me into the stadium earlier.)

My answer is simple. Fly in Saturday.