Conti helmet to helmet on Woods

Gasjuggler

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Along similar lines, I wondered why "hitting defenseless player" wasn't called on Williams airborne catch. Personally, I hate the rule - what are you s'posed to do, let him catch it, but it is the rule now.

the defenseless player concept applies when the defender launches off the ground. That wasn't the case IIRC.

Williams hit in OT was legal and evidence of new rules. Two years ago Williams would have been killed on that catch. He is lucky the defensive player went for midsection and not a knee. Woods play was bang bang and I can see how ref didn't see it. It probably will get a fine as it looked like he was leading with the head a bit. But if it was A. Williams we would be arguing it was a glancing blow and not intentional.

Fine should have been given to EJ for throwing like Fitz. Williams as well got lucky not being hurt earlier in the game with extremely high throws.

Yes, because the notion of "putting the ball where only the receiver can get it," is foreign. And "throwing it up and letting the receiver go up and come down with it," was never employed by any good quarterbacks.

Yes, because the notion of "putting the ball where only the receiver can get it," is foreign. And "throwing it up and letting the receiver go up and come down with it," was never employed by any good quarterbacks.

Like Tom Petty sings: U believe what you want to believe!

Game 1 of season and Woods almost got a huge concussion trying to pull down a really high pass. Guess what Gug, if that pass was a foot lower, he still catches it! However if it was an inch higher, he never completes it.

Go see the replay. Woods catches that pass less than 50% of the time. Just wait when the cold weather comes around.

Had he been concussed, everyone is pissed at EJ. But since nothing happened, most consider it a perfect pass!

:wallbash:

Edited by PO'14