Penn State sanctions lifted early

/dev/null

somewhere Bernie Fine is shaking head....I don't really know what an appropriate length of penalty is for these horrible crimes, but I don't think 2 years is enough

Penalties are meant to punish the guilty. Who in the Penn State football program now is guilty or even associated with the situation? Everyone is long gone and only the students suffered.

That and Silas Redd, what a jackass.

yeah, i know, it's a tough situation. I am just still jaded/bitter about how Bernie Fine became collateral damage thanks to ESPN, and Bernie will never regain his reputation.

Penalties are meant to punish the guilty. Who in the Penn State football program now is guilty or even associated with the situation? Everyone is long gone and only the students suffered.

And Rob Bold in, another jackass. After transferring to LSU, he never saw the field at QB. LSU moved him to WR so he transferred to Eastern Michigan

The NCAA managed to make Ray Rice the second most disgusting thing to happen in football today.

Congratulations you pieces of trash. You'll get big $$$$$$$$$$ I'm sure.

Let this be lesson to all the other programs that may be hiding an amazing ugliness of untold horror. Keep hiding it because eventually a washed up old sack of #$%^ senator will be willing to tie his name to a report letting you off the hook.

Exactly. Four years was ridiculous. An entire college career.

The NCAA managed to make Ray Rice the second most disgusting thing to happen in football today.

Congratulations you pieces of trash. You'll get big $$$$$$$$$$ I'm sure.

Let this be lesson to all the other programs that may be hiding an amazing ugliness of untold horror. Keep hiding it because eventually a washed up old sack of #$%^ senator will be willing to tie his name to a report letting you off the hook.

yup, you totally get it. Those college students who busy their ass for a chance to go to a great school and get an education that also volunteer their time for a sport they love are trash.

Yep. Trash. All the volunteering they do, all of that. What's worse, a bunch of them actually chose that school because they liked it and the education it would give, ya know, since the NCAA stripped some scholarships and post season play for them.

Makes me sick to think some kid who was probably 5 when all the crimes were committed and still in high school when the truth was revealed now get a chance to help make a new future for this team! How dare they! They should have never went there!

Exactly. Four years was ridiculous. An entire college career.

As opposed to the entire lives that were ruined? Give me a break. The poor poor alumni can't go to a friggin bowl game for a few years? They can't claim moral superiority? They can't anoint a saint? That disgusting episode went on for a decade right in front of everyone's eyes and all anyone thinks about is football. That is simply sick. Sick.

As for the players, they all had an opportunity to leave. They are all still playing games and they all still have their chance at the NFL. They missed out on four games, at most. Pardon me for not crying for them when compared to the plight of the "other" kids in this story that had their lives ripped from them in part by a culture that values football far more than the well being of those children. Notice I used "values" in the present tense.

yup, you totally get it. Those college students who busy their ass for a chance to go to a great school and get an education that also volunteer their time for a sport they love are trash.

Yep. Trash. All the volunteering they do, all of that. What's worse, a bunch of them actually chose that school because they liked it and the education it would give, ya know, since the NCAA stripped some scholarships and post season play for them.

Makes me sick to think some kid who was probably 5 when all the crimes were committed and still in high school when the truth was revealed now get a chance to help make a new future for this team! How dare they! They should have never went there!

Don't be a douche. I called the NCAA trash, it was plain as day in what I wrote, and I stand by it. Twist my words if you must. It is probably your best way to "justify" this "suspended sentence" for this culture.

How long before Penn State takes Joe Pa's statue out of mothballs?

they're working on renaming the library and the park and more first.

As opposed to the entire lives that were ruined? Give me a break. The poor poor alumni can't go to a friggin bowl game for a few years? They can't claim moral superiority? They can't anoint a saint? That disgusting episode went on for a decade right in front of everyone's eyes and all anyone thinks about is football. That is simply sick. Sick.

As for the players, they all had an opportunity to leave. They are all still playing games and they all still have their chance at the NFL. They missed out on four games, at most. Pardon me for not crying for them when compared to the plight of the "other" kids in this story that had their lives ripped from them in part by a culture that values football far more than the well being of those children. Notice I used "values" in the present tense.

Don't be a douche. I called the NCAA trash, it was plain as day in what I wrote, and I stand by it. Twist my words if you must. It is probably your best way to "justify" this "suspended sentence" for this culture.

I was going off your past comments as well

I was going off your past comments as well

Please link any post I ever made criticizing any PSU player. Good luck searching. And lack of feeling sorry for them is not a criticism.

If you don't find anything please stop making up stuff I supposedly said.

http://www.usatoday....ility/15292545/

Eligible for post season effective immediatley

Scholarships returned next season

We are Penn State!

:)

About time, there should have been no sanctions against Penn St as they didn't rape and humiliate little boys.

I hate how this country is heading towards mob rule, as those in control overreact to public outcry instead following the law.

Totally agree and now hell just froze over. B-)

yeah, i didn't want to get into an argument about it again, i simply wanted to throw Bernie Fine's name into the memory banks again, coincidentally his douchebag accusers are in court again in NYS today to try and get their slander suit re-instated after several other courts had thrown it out. #RememberBernie

This is a cute mini-debate. If you recall, we have 200 pages of posts on the merits of the sanctions!!

But regarding the cancelation of the sanctions, I have to wonder if this was the plan all along. NCAA hits them with something severe for show only.

This is a cute mini-debate. If you recall, we have 200 pages of posts on the merits of the sanctions!!

But regarding the cancelation of the sanctions, I have to wonder if this was the plan all along. NCAA hits them with something severe for show only.

This or something similar was the plan as was getting a "name" like Mitchell to sign off on the whole thing. JOKE process.

It is a sad state of affairs that what was allowed to go on for a decade has been handled in such a dismissive manner and the facts forgotten by so many. Ray Rice would have been forgotten soon too if not for the video. Now people will never forget.

I choose not to forget what I read about the atrocities at PSU. I know I will never be able to watch another one of their football games. I am not judging the people that do, I just don't understand. If there were pictures of what had been done this program would be gone forever. It is a strange dynamic really because nobody should have to see stuff like what Rice did; but when they do, the right thing happens. When they don't, reinstatement in the quietest manner possible at the instruction of a corrupt Washington insider happens.

The people who endured what happened there and in too many other places deserve to know that their fortitude in the face of these tribulations is admired by many. It won't get discussed or reported so as not to interfere with the $$$$$$$ rolling in, but the admiration and prayers are real.