New England Will Have Very Tough Time Winning Division

BuffaloBaumer

They may be a year older and split second slower, but that's still better than the rest of the AFCE. They came back down 24 to beat the Broncos, who made it to the Superbowl. This topic arises every year. I doubt Green Bay/Denver beats the Pats, and loses to the like of the Bills/Jets. It's just not likely. If NE goes 9-7 this year, I'd bet the rest of the AFCE goes 4-12/5-11.

I'll believe Brady and Belichck don't win 12 games when it happens.

Those win totals don't add up. I see the entire AFCE jumbled up in the 7-9 & 9-7 range.

I agree. I think 10 wins may win the division this year. I am not saying the Bills will be the ones to do it, I just feel Bills, Jets and Dolphins will all put up a good fight.

Agreed. Tight division. Away at the Vikes next week is no sure thing. Zimmer bamboozled Brady last year to the point where Brady had a meltdown in the final 2 minutes. The two games after that - Oakland and Kansas City should ensure they are at worst 2-2 through week 4 though.

I took a look at a Pats* message board after they lost to see the meltdown. Not that I wouldn't expect it, but they were all much more concerned about the Indy/Denver game than what the Bills or Jets did. In fact, there wasn't one mention of the Bills or Jets games other than stating the scores in an "Around the League" type thread. Nope, they assume they will win the division and their rivals are the Colts and Denver. And why shouldn't they? It is automatic every year. Just found it interesting.

...I can easily see how they can go 0 for October.

Don't get me wrong, I am tired of the Pats dominating the AFC East since Brady took over the reigns, but 3 out of 4 of their October games are at home, and none of the 4 are against legit SB contenders...

Bengals - Home

Bills - Road

Jets - Home

Bears - Home

Don't get me wrong, I am tired of the Pats dominating the AFC East since Brady took over the reigns, but 3 out of 4 of their October games are at home, and none of the 4 are against legit SB contenders...

Bengals - Home

Bills - Road

Jets - Home

Bears - Home

But that's a very tough stretch. They play Bills & Jets within 4 days, and Bengals D also likes to hit hard. They need to have Gronk get healthy by October