Time to break out the sweatpants

Just Jack

My wife keeps bugging me to go back to O.G.

Last time there (about 3 years ago) we had the crappiest service ever. About a year before that, my parents took my wife and son there (I was out of town) and the waitress gave them plasticware with which to eat. She seriously told them that they "ran out of silverware, sorry."

No way am I getting frozen "dinner in a bag" AND have crappy service, to the tune of $80 or more (based on beverage choice).

Olive Gardens "Never Ending Pasta Pass" is coming....

http://www.usatoday....rants/15139803/

So it is $100 for the pass for a promotion that runs for 7 weeks. At $9.99 a pop for never ending pasta you would have to eat at Olive Garden 11 times in 7 weeks. How in the world is that supposed to be a good deal? The break even on that is way to high!

So it is $100 for the pass for a promotion that runs for 7 weeks. At $9.99 a pop for never ending pasta you would have to eat at Olive Garden 11 times in 7 weeks. How in the world is that supposed to be a good deal? The break even on that is way to high!

Shhh... Americans aren't good @ math... Just let them jump into their hybrid (with a break even point of 10 years) and go to Olive Garden...

Paying any amount is too much for all you can eat at Olive Garden. It's simple. I can't eat anything at that sh#thole. Fake Italian food, packed with sugar and frozen, to make sure the meal is as crappy in California as it is in New York! Gotta love consistency.

St Augustine has a dearth of decent Italian restaurants. Carrabba's may as good as any here. And while I'm not suggesting Carrabba's is a high-level Italian restaurant, I can eat there and be reasonably sure to find something that isn't too bad. Good thing I don't have to go to restaurants for good Italian food.

Shhh... Americans aren't good @ math... Just let them jump into their hybrid (with a break even point of 10 years) and go to Olive Garden...

I just had a discussion with a girl at work about this. She was bragging how cheap her gas bill is and I asked her how much she paid for the car. When I then pointed out that she paid about 10 grand more for her prius than she could a car of comparable size she wouldn't listen to me. Just kept talking about how cheap gas was every week. When I asked her how much she was saving over her regular car and gas bill payment vs. prius payment and gas bill she couldn't give me an answer. That said they are great on gas!

Paying any amount is too much for all you can eat at Olive Garden. It's simple. I can't eat anything at that sh#thole. Fake Italian food, packed with sugar and frozen, to make sure the meal is as crappy in California as it is in New York! Gotta love consistency.

Soup Salad and breadsticks for 6 or 7$ is a great meal for me. The zuppa tuscana (I'm embarassed as an Italian at how bad I butchered both of those words spelling wise) is delicious! The dressing on their salad is also some of my favorite. Not a place I eat at more than once or twice a year (if that) but I do enjoy it when I go there.

St Augustine has a dearth of decent Italian restaurants. Carrabba's may as good as any here. And while I'm not suggesting Carrabba's is a high-level Italian restaurant, I can eat there and be reasonably sure to find something that isn't too bad. Good thing I don't have to go to restaurants for good Italian food.

I'm with you on this one Dean. My wife is Italian and a fantastic cook. I've been to local authentic Italian restaurants in San Diego's Little Italy and they still don't come close to my wife's cooking. I wouldn't even consider setting foot in a shithole fake Italian place like Olive Garden.

I went with some buddies two months ago during a weekend road trip because one of us has a love of OG. I hadn't been there in 20 years I think. Seemed like a nice place with an interesting looking menu.

Then I got a plate of pasta with a bargain basement sausage made of un named protein I wouldn't tolerate in a street corner hot dog. And the next day one of the three of us had uncontrollable diarrhea and vomiting.

I think once every twenty years or so is good.

Edited by gjnoronh

I went with some buddies two months ago during a weekend road trip because one of us has a love of OG. I hadn't been there in 20 years I think. Seemed like a nice place with an interesting looking menu.

Then I got a plate of pasta with a bargain basement sausage made of un named protein I wouldn't tolerate in a street corner hot dog. And the next day one of the three of us had uncontrollable diarrhea and vomiting.

I think once every twenty years or so is good.

The next day? He's stronger than me... 20 minutes later and I am blasting, holding on for dear life! LoL... I gotta get on his training program!

OG is to Italian cuisine what Taco Bell is to Mexican...

They almost warrant their own categories... CRAP

My wife keeps bugging me to go back to O.G.

Last time there (about 3 years ago) we had the crappiest service ever. About a year before that, my parents took my wife and son there (I was out of town) and the waitress gave them plasticware with which to eat. She seriously told them that they "ran out of silverware, sorry."

No way am I getting frozen "dinner in a bag" AND have crappy service, to the tune of $80 or more (based on beverage choice).

I really like their salad (dressing) & usually get that and soup.

I've only been to Olive Garden for the soup and salad deal at lunch, but I did learn a trick with seating that may help some of you.

If there is a big wait, you can asked to be seated at the bar for a meal. The bartender takes your order and they bring the food right to you.

I've done it at 2 or 3 different OG's and it has saved me some 45-minute waiting times.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller