Great win, do we have any TE's that can catch on the team?

Ah, actually Chris Chandler is one of the better TE's in the league - look up last years stats. Secondly, I think they only threw one pass in his direction yesterday. When outer teams start focusing in our pretty good wide outs, he'll get his. And I expect Cragg is going to make some big plays soon.

So, come back in off the ledge, it will be alright.

Ah, actually Chris Chandler is one of the better TE's in the league - look up last years stats. Secondly, I think they only threw one pass in his direction yesterday. When outer teams start focusing in our pretty good wide outs, he'll get his. And I expect Cragg is going to make some big plays soon.

So, come back in off the ledge, it will be alright.

Who the heck is "Chris Chandler"?

I was disappointed with Scott Chandler's play last year and disappointed yesterday.

I don't think he's one of the better TE in the league.

That said, with Moeaki's injury settlement, is it naive or simply trollish to assume that our FO wasn't already carefully scrutinizing all available TE at the 53-man cutdown in hope of picking up someone better? Because quality NFL TE typically sit about for weeks waiting for some team to pick them up? And can waltz in and pick up an offense perfectly in less than a week?

Seriously? Seriously?

Great win on the road, are there any TE's available that can catch? We'd probably had won this in regulation if we had one. Right now, it's our weakest position by far & under-utilized. Let's see who's out there and cut bait with who we have now, no reason to coddle them or wait.

Please stop. Just....stop. This is just silly. The only good thing is perhaps everyone can see it and the credibility of anything you say will suffer.

Naturally just anyone out there at TE, who has been sitting about unsigned since the 53 man cutdown, would be better than who we have at TE and could waltz in, pick up the offense in less than a week, avoid drive-killing false start penalties, and contribute immediately. Seriously? Seriously?

Don't you think the FO is aware of the need to improve and was watching the cut-off bin carefully?

I'm glad you're happy about the win at least.

I've said this before, but if you go back to the early 70s (at least), the Bills have never prioritized the TE position. I think Ruben Gant may have been a second rounder, but he wasn't good. Paul Seymour was basically a good o-lineman playing TE. The best *player* they've ever brought in who was a TE was Jason Peters, ironically.

Great win on the road, are there any TE's available that can catch? We'd probably had won this in regulation if we had one. Right now, it's our weakest position by far & under-utilized. Let's see who's out there and cut bait with who we have now, no reason to coddle them or wait.

Didn't our TE chandler lead the team in receptions last year (or was near the top in receptions on the team)?

he had a fantastic block on that EJ bootleg, so. I'll take it anyway i can get it right now. there are probably teams with a good TE and they wish they had just one of our RBs. you can't have it all.

Well said and a good example. Every team has wants (even Seattle). The goal is to have as much talent as you can. You want to maximize your strengths and minimize your weaknesses.

he had a fantastic block on that EJ bootleg, so. I'll take it anyway i can get it right now. there are probably teams with a good TE and they wish they had just one of our RBs. you can't have it all.

+1....essentially, I was thinking the same thing. BILLS went out and got two very good WRs when they already had Woods and while I don't know what happened to Goodwin, he's a guy who can take the top off a Defense and is a strong, tough WR, plus the RBs you mentioned...Gragg, is one to keep an eye on...his Combine stats are pretty impressive, he was still injured for most of the year last year, and TEs typically take a couple years to develop...Julius Thomas and Jimmy Graham are just 2 that were Drafted in the 3rd / 4th round and took a couple years before they really came around and made some noise...

I've said this before, but if you go back to the early 70s (at least), the Bills have never prioritized the TE position. I think Ruben Gant may have been a second rounder, but he wasn't good. Paul Seymour was basically a good o-lineman playing TE. The best *player* they've ever brought in who was a TE was Jason Peters, ironically.

Pete Metzelaars wasn't too shabby... but I get what you are saying.

There was a time, pre-Gronk, where having a pass catching tight-end was a luxury that most teams didn't have, and didn't spend a whole lot of capital trying to obtain...it was just kind of a "bonus" if you stumbled across that guy. In that era, Chandler would have been considered a very good tight-end/offensive weapon...but when you guys like Graham, Gronk, and you see the rediculous game that Julius Thomas had last night, it makes him look sub-par. I think he is alright....

Edited by Buftex

I've become convinced (after watching M. Bennett chew us up) that this team, and EJ, would be exponentially better with a better TE. Chandler did some good things yesterday blocking, but he's far from a playmaker. We're a few Guards and TE away from a dominant offense.

Agreed, if Gragg could come along it'd make a world of difference. Chandler is at his ceiling, so hopefully Gragg can catch (besides blocking).

Pete Metzelaars wasn't too shabby... but I get what you are saying.

There was a time, pre-Gronk, where having a pass catching tight-end was a luxury that most teams didn't have, and didn't spend a whole lot of capital trying to obtain...it was just kind of a "bonus" if you stumbled across that guy. In that era, Chandler would have been considered a very good tight-end/offensive weapon...but when you guys like Graham, Gronk, and you see the rediculous game that Julius Thomas had last night, it makes him look sub-par. I think he is alright....

I'm not saying Metzelaars was bad - just that he wasn't a priority player. He was basically their second stringer behind 10th round pick (or whatever it was) Keith McKeller, and only graduated to the lead role when injuries derailed McKeller's career. Metzelaars was steady, had great height, and was a pretty fair blocker, but he had to be one of the slowest receivers in the league.