Good overall gameplan, a little sloppy at times

Virgil

I have to say, I was really happy with the gameplan the coaches put together in this game. There were times that I was frustrated by the 10 yard cushion we were giving their receivers, but the times we didn't, we got burned deep. I think the coaches knew that we couldn't win in every aspect of the game, so they focused on controlling what they could to win.

Yes, Cutler had a ton of yards, but they only scored 20 points. This is a very powerful offense with a ton of weapons and we held them down.

As for EJ, yeah he made some mistakes, but they were greatly outweighed by the positives. The TD's weren't anything great, but the jump balls he put up there in the seams....WOW. I mean it.

And I think it all came together perfectly in OT. Those runs were the result of a beaten down defense and Fred just being the man.

Overall, road win, different time zone, team with that offense. No one should expect a blow-out and it definitely wasn't a lucky win.

I look forward to see what we got for the new hurry-up O from the the phins next week.

EJ showed me enough to believe we should stick with him. Most importantly he didn't commit any fatal mistakes and is not afraid to put the ball in the air. I was impressed by the play of our secondary. They were up against some very good WRs and looked very much up to the task.

Agreed. This team was positive and made a few more plays than the Bears and that is reflected in the final score. I still thought the Bills did some bad stuff that could have almost cost them the game,

1. EJ was still inaccurate with some of his passes; Quite a few times Woods and Williams bailed him out, The pass to Chandler in the first quarter was bad and the long ball to Watkins was way overthrown.

2. The Running game struggled for most part of regulation time. The line was not able to open up any lanes to run.

3. While Spikes and Rivers played well, Preston was taken to school by Matt Forte repeatedly

4. McKelvin dropped a possible game clinching TD, let the ball drop through his hands.

5. Penalties really killed this team today; while a few of them were bogus calls, I still think the team was ill disciplined.

6. Watkins has tremendous skills and the Bills need to throw to him more often. He will find a way to get to that ball.