truth on hold

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay-- I feel guilty now.

Decker is a the rich man's David Nelson.

And the #'s bear that out. Nearly identical playing with sub-par QBs, 2nd year in NFL (both rookies in 2010)

Decker 2011 w/ Orton & Tebow DEN 16 games 44 receptions 95 targets 612 yards 13.9 ypc 56 long 8 TDs 1 fumble 1 lost

2011 Nelson w/ Fitzpatrick BUF 16 games 61 receptions 98 targets 658 yards 10.8 YPC 35 long 5 TDs

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Decker had a pretty good season with Tebow at QB. It's kinda sad how Bills fans rip guys who actually produce.

He did. He's always been underrated IMHO. Certainly not going to wow anyone with his athleticism, but he has size and makes plays in the red zone. 8 TD's with Tebow and Orton, then two consecutive thousand yard seasons, albeit with Payton, says something I would think.

He's not a true number one but a solid 2 or 1a. 6'3", Excellent hands, and a very good route runner. Schlereth is a moron and I attempt to change the channel before he speaks if possible.

Edited by SmokinES3

He did. He's always been underrated IMHO. Certainly not going to wow anyone with his athleticism, but he has size and makes plays in the red zone. 8 TD's with Tebow and Orton, then two consecutive thousand yard seasons, albeit with Payton, says something I would think.

He's not a true number one but a solid 2 or 1a. 6'3", Excellent hands, and a very good route runner. Schlereth is a moron and I attempt to change the channel before he speaks if possible.

Schlereth might be a moron but he's sh*ting on the Jets, so what's the problem?

What qualifies Schlereth to give an opinion about any NFL player? Who has he been right about in the past? He is about as insightful as Deion Sanders or Michael Irvin as an NFL analyst.

its his job to give an opinion. He doesn't tiptoe around things and I find him very refreshing on the radio and tv because he tells it like he sees if. He lives in Denver still and has a local radio show there as well as his national one and his tv gig. So he's as qualified as any of the other ex-players in the media. No one knows if decker will be a successful #1 WR but I have no doubt that schlereth has some insight into his time with the Broncos.

if hes on our team, where do you rank him? id say tied for 3rd at best w/ williams, but could also be 4th or maybe even 5th if goodwin produces

I think that's a good spot. Probably on par with Williams. I think he was the 3rd receiver on Denver last year behind Welker and Thomas and personally I think Emmanual Sanders is a better talent. Denver made the right call

This thread caused me to think about this - Hogan was mentioned earlier, so think of it this way: Essentially, David Nelson was let go so we could keep Chris Hogan on the team … they play the same role, …. now compare the production.

Not saying Davis Nelson is an All-Pro, but he sure has been a far more productive player in the NFL than Chris Hogan has, and he did Special Teams as well.

Should have been our first sign that Marrone and his gang of misfit coaches didn't (don't) have a clue.

Just saying . . .

Edited by CSBill

Funny, cause I know a lot of fans would have liked to sign decker here. I was not one but I see why some celebrate the jets potential short comings. I fore one don't think decker will be as bad as some seem to make him out to be. However, in the same regard to think the guy won't produce is foolish.

Just because you have a stud QB doesn't mean you will put up those numbers. You still have to get open, make the catch and at times make plays beyond the defense. I mean was everyone of deckers 24 some odd TDs over the past two years with him already in the end zone?

I'm not saying decker will have similar numbers in ny that he did in Denver because clearly he will be covered differently but the guy equals out to a higher end #2 WR

Jeremy Kerley will be their leading WR this year if healthy. While decker may be a bit overrated, I believe Kerley is more than a bit underrated. He's got some game

Could be true. But neither is a true #1. If a team plays man or has an elite DB like Pats, which one do you put him on? In that sense we match up well against jets since we don't have a true #1 DB ... ugh :(

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

its his job to give an opinion. He doesn't tiptoe around things and I find him very refreshing on the radio and tv because he tells it like he sees if. He lives in Denver still and has a local radio show there as well as his national one and his tv gig. So he's as qualified as any of the other ex-players in the media. No one knows if decker will be a successful #1 WR but I have no doubt that schlereth has some insight into his time with the Broncos.

Of course, he's entitled to his opinion, but I see him as a blowhard, who doesn't really do his homework and ends up parroting the conventional wisdom. The conventional wisdom is that the Jets are a joke and that they overpaid for Decker. We'll see.

This thread caused me to think about this - Hogan was mentioned earlier, so think of it this way: Essentially, David Nelson was let go so we could keep Chris Hogan on the team … they play the same role, …. now compare the production.

Not saying Davis Nelson is an All-Pro, but he sure has been a far more productive player in the NFL than Chris Hogan has, and he did Special Teams as well.

Should have been our first sign that Marrone and his gang of misfit coaches didn't (don't) have a clue.

Just saying . . .

Revisionist history much? David Nelson was let go because he was an average slow receiver before he tore his knee. He was replaced with Robert Woods. Hogan was not on the roster when Nelson was let go.

this could be a little harsh, but the substance IMO is true: if Jets think they found a #1 WR in Decker, they're in for a rude awakening

“Decker in my mind was your fourth option in Denver, and that’s the talent I think he has. I think he’s a marginal No. 2 at best,” Schlereth said Wednesday on ESPN radio. “The worst cover guy you have on your defense is assigned to Eric Decker every week. New York will go crazy watching him be covered 1-on-1 and incomplete passes, throwing his arms up, begging for flags.

“I’m telling you New York, get ready, begging for flags like ‘I was interfered with. That’s the only reason I didn’t catch that ball,’ every play, and then tripping over his own feet. Going for a big play and all of a sudden the turf monster gets him, ‘Bam!’ sniper, down. It’ll drive you crazy. It’ll absolutely drive you crazy.’’

http://nypost.com/20...ereths-remarks/

Someone has a bone to pick.