Schlereth Rips Decker a New One

truth on hold

this could be a little harsh, but the substance IMO is true: if Jets think they found a #1 WR in Decker, they're in for a rude awakening

“Decker in my mind was your fourth option in Denver, and that’s the talent I think he has. I think he’s a marginal No. 2 at best,” Schlereth said Wednesday on ESPN radio. “The worst cover guy you have on your defense is assigned to Eric Decker every week. New York will go crazy watching him be covered 1-on-1 and incomplete passes, throwing his arms up, begging for flags.

“I’m telling you New York, get ready, begging for flags like ‘I was interfered with. That’s the only reason I didn’t catch that ball,’ every play, and then tripping over his own feet. Going for a big play and all of a sudden the turf monster gets him, ‘Bam!’ sniper, down. It’ll drive you crazy. It’ll absolutely drive you crazy.’’

http://nypost.com/20...ereths-remarks/

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

this could be a little harsh, but the substance IMO is true: if Jets think they found a #1 WR in Decker, they're in for a rude awakening

“Decker in my mind was your fourth option in Denver, and that’s the talent I think he has. I think he’s a marginal No. 2 at best,” Schlereth said Wednesday on ESPN radio. “The worst cover guy you have on your defense is assigned to Eric Decker every week. New York will go crazy watching him be covered 1-on-1 and incomplete passes, throwing his arms up, begging for flags.

“I’m telling you New York, get ready, begging for flags like ‘I was interfered with. That’s the only reason I didn’t catch that ball,’ every play, and then tripping over his own feet. Going for a big play and all of a sudden the turf monster gets him, ‘Bam!’ sniper, down. It’ll drive you crazy. It’ll absolutely drive you crazy.’’

http://nypost.com/20...ereths-remarks/

I agree when WR's are playing with P. Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers Their stats are going to be inflated over most other QBs. Deckers probably a mid #2Mid - #3 WR in this league.

* Note: I didn't include Luck, Wilson But at their pace they will be up there very soon.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

I agree when WR's are playing with P. Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers Their stats are going to be inflated over most other QBs. Deckers probably a mid #2Mid - #3 WR in this league.

* Note: I didn't include Luck, Wilson But at their pace they will be up there very soon.

not only but think of being able to play with the DBs keying on Welker and Thomas. Decker is another David Nelson

not only but think of being able to play with the DBs keying on Welker and Thomas. Decker is another David Nelson

Yeah, when you throw both parts of the equation together it definitely way over inflates his stats. Holy just looked at his stats he had more TDs than 7 of the top 10 WRs, and tied AJ Green. He'll never do that again.

He may have been the 4th last year but that was only bc Denver signed Welker and the emergence of Julius but was clearly their 2 before that

Schlereth is a tool n sounds a little bitter with these remarks

He may have been the 4th last year but that was only bc Denver signed Welker and the emergence of Julius but was clearly their 2 before that

Schlereth is a tool n sounds a little bitter with these remarks

\

i watch him play and I see a guy thats slow, and not physical enough to make up for it

\

i watch him play and I see a guy thats slow, and not physical enough to make up for it

I'm not saying Decker is great and he clearly isn't a number 1 but he isn't as bad as Schlereth is making him out to be which I'm guessing he never said anything close to that while Decker was with Denver

I agree completely. He is very average. Like Hogan with a little height.

This is the meanest thing I've ever read on TBD. Just absolutely terrible.

I wouldn't compare any guy who has caught a TD to Hogan. Jordan Palmer is the Hogan of QBing. That's the Hogan barometer.