TBD SuperContest

plenzmd1

So every year like clockwork, we will have about twenty people chime in how much money they made betting some game or the other, always boasting after the fact what a great handicapper they are. This might be tough to pull off, but would be fun if it could get done.

I propose we hold our own mini SuperContest here...same rules as the Hilton Supercontest, only for buttloads less money. For those unfamiliar with the SuperContest, here are the rules.

1) Entry Fee paid, amount TBD( i would suggest $50 or $100)

2) Contestant picks 5 games each week against the spread.

3) 1 point for each correct game

4) Entries must be in by 11 PM Saturday Evening

5) Thursday games must be in before 6 PM Thursday Evening

6) 65% to the Winner, 35% 2nd place.

If we can get 10 or more folks who want to do this, fun way to bet the games without a ton at stake.

Please indicate if you would be interested.

Interested. Who holds the $? How do we get money to that person? Where do we find spreads?

not sure of who holds the money.I am fine with just about anybody. Dont think it would be enough that someone would abscond with it.

I can post say the Bovada line or Usa Today line on Thursday morning and that would be the official line.

I am pretty active on another forum for poker/gambling, I am familiar with all the details for running a contest like this and escrowing. If people are not comfortable with me holding the money I would be fine with assisting a more trusted member. I tried to buy a piece for the real supercontest but it fell through at the last minute so this would be a cool substitute.

Ideas for escrow, I can accept chase quickpay or paypal and participants could send me the buy in. I would then send the lump sum to the agreed upon escrow and they would hold it until the completion of the contest and then the winner could coordinate how they wanted to be paid.

I am pretty active on another forum for poker/gambling, I am familiar with all the details for running a contest like this and escrowing. If people are not comfortable with me holding the money I would be fine with assisting a more trusted member. I tried to buy a piece for the real supercontest but it fell through at the last minute so this would be a cool substitute.

Ideas for escrow, I can accept chase quickpay or paypal and participants could send me the buy in. I would then send the lump sum to the agreed upon escrow and they would hold it until the completion of the contest and then the winner could coordinate how they wanted to be paid.

that sounds great, now we just need to get some more people interested!!!

Edited by plenzmd1

Guess we just do not have enough interest. Oh well.

On a gmbling note, pissed no line today on the UVA-Richmond game. I was thinking Richmond would get close to 20. Lot of storylines in this game, but i think there is a chance UVA comes in flat after last week and Richmond makes this a very competitive game.

OTOH, UVA defensive line could overwhelm the much smaller Spider O Line....

anyways, was hoping to put a small wager on it today....but I play at Bovada and no freakin line!!!!!!

Edited by plenzmd1

I would be interested In this also, let me know how to join and where to send the Money. There is a company called league safe That guys playing fantasy football on NFL.com

And cbs sportsline use to hold the money for there fantasy football leagues. This might be the way to go for this type of thing. It's free to sign up

For. Here is the link for the site

https://www.leaguesafe.com

Can anyone vouch for decent timely payouts on Bovada ?

I dont really trust any of those sites.

It takes a couple of weeks, but i have always been paid. But again, i never really have a big payout

So now TBD is a gambling site? I'm sure the FBI and the Department of Justice would love this thread

I sure as chit hope they have something better to do...and yes i am sure the NSA monitors all message boards. This is prolly even legal, just like a home poker game is legal.

Is this idea dead? I would be up for it.

i have less then 10 here interested, if Flaps pool has more i say we pile in there with our same screen names so we can still talk chit on one another!