It isn't just Kouandjio not starting....

YoloinOhio

Two highly drafted OTs in the last two drafts are not starting. Not much of a peep about that though in the media. Greg Robinson, #2 overall to STL this year, and Jonathan Cooper, #7 overall to AZ in 2013, will not start.

Chris Trapasso@ChrisTrapasso 1m

Ourlads agrees. G-Rob's a backup. This is big news. MT @mqsteffes: Greg Robinson also not starting in STL, but no one thinks that's a story

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 49m

Bruce Arians: Jonathan Cooper won't start, hasn't earned it http://wp.me/p14QSB-9yQJ

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not worried about CK, I do think at some point the BILLS will need to transition him to Guard, but IMHO CK will be a very good Guard in the years to come...not this year maybe, but as Pears ages out and the line transitions, I think CK will fill that void quite well...he's only been playing football for a relatively short time and already manned the one of the best Offensive lines in college football...give him some time to develop and be coached, and he'll be a good Guard in the NFL.

RGIII hasn't played well at all since his first season. And he hasn't proved that he can be effective as a pocket passer. It may be the case that he is a bust. Lets see what happens this season.

I don't disagree, I just thought the comment was funny. Although, I haven't given up on him, but I know some who think he is done. If he can stay healthy, I think he can be fine. I know one NFL GM who said in 2012 he is the best player he EVER scouted and he's been doing this since 1995 (including Luck). Edited by YoloinOhio

Two highly drafted OTs in the last two drafts are not starting. Not much of a peep about that though in the media. Greg Robinson, #2 overall to STL this year, and Jonathan Cooper, #7 overall to AZ in 2013, will not start.

Chris Trapasso@ChrisTrapasso 1m

Ourlads agrees. G-Rob's a backup. This is big news. MT @mqsteffes: Greg Robinson also not starting in STL, but no one thinks that's a story

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 49m

Bruce Arians: Jonathan Cooper won't start, hasn't earned it http://wp.me/p14QSB-9yQJ

I wonder how these other guys have looked.

Without exagerating, Koundjo has looked like probably one of the worst linemen I have ever seen in pre-season for the Bills. Guys like Colin Brown and Tony Snow-- who were terrible-- even looked better in pre-season.

I don't disagree, I just thought the comment was funny. Although, I haven't given up on him, but I know some who think he is done. If he can stay healthy, I think he can be fine. I know one NFL GM who said in 2012 he is the best player he EVER scouted and he's been doing this since 1995 (including Luck).

Shanny ruined him.

Picking OT that high is a bad move. This is proven over and over. These GMs just can't help themselves it seems.

Look at that 2013 draft. Eric Fisher was a matador last year---at RT. Now of course Andy Reid will move him to LT. That should work out well..

Joeckel couldn't start at LT, so he too was put in at RT. After the Jags traded away their LT, Joeckel lasted exactly 1 game before going out on IR.

Lane Johnson played RT al last season. He is suspended for the first 4 games this year.

That's 3 of the top 4 players taken in that draft.

It's nuts.

This does make me feel a little better about this year, and also the next draft. Who knows what the Browns get (or what we could have gotten)? It IS a crapshoot and I think Sammy is the real deal when healthy. I bet they were thinking the same thing about Greg Robinson, but I like our bird in the hand. Thanks for cheering me up! (I reserve the right to have a different opinion in the spring.)

I think Joeckel will be fine.... I felt at the time the Chiefs should have picked him. He only started at right tackle last year because they had a proven starter in Monroe, himself a top ten pick, who was coming off an excellent 2012 season. He played ok at right tackle and got injured in game one after moving over. He will be a good player for the Jags.... worthy of the number 2 overall? Maybe not but it wasn't the strongest draft class. Fisher on the other hand seems sluggish in his foot movement and I think he will find left tackle ever harder than he found right.

RGIII hasn't played well at all since his first season. And he hasn't proved that he can be effective as a pocket passer. It may be the case that he is a bust. Lets see what happens this season.

How can RG III be a bust if his best season is arguably better than any season by a Bills QB in franchise history? http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GrifRo01.htm .