Over/under for Orton starts this season

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough call. He won't even be in consideration to start until he gets up to speed with the playbook. EJ will definitely get a grace period so I think the earliest they will even consider giving Orton the nod is week 5, assuming the wheels come off. Then Orton needs to play like a real upgrade which is a big if. But it'd be foolish not to consider EJ's injury history.

Over: If Orton plays more than 5 games its because either EJ is hurt or an Orton led team is in playoff picture late into the season.

Under: If Orton plays less than 5 its because EJ was serviceable, Orton played poorly, or the season is lost so f@#$ it give EJ the reps.

I'm taking the Under.

Edited by Jauronimo

LOL with all this Orton stuff. You guys do realize that his career numbers are essentially the same as EJ's one rookie year right? I love that a guy who was jettisoned in favor of Tebow, not good enough for Chicago, and essentially a career backup who had a short stint as a starter in multiple cities but could never keep the job (another Fitzcraptrick) now is somehow the anointed starter by fans here.

1. Ortons stats are about the SAME as EJ's

2. Orton has PROVEN exactly what he is...decent backup, below average starter with NO upside.

3. EJ as a rookie, who missed critical development time and also lost many of his starters at all the skill positions to injury for periods last year, put the SAME numbers up. He has a ton of upside.

4. Orton just got here, doesn't know the players, doesn't know the playbook, and hasn't played very many meaningful snaps in years.

How in the hell is Orton a better choice? EJ's worst year is on par with Ortons career. EJ has a ton of upside, Orton ZERO. EJ is a multidimensional player, Orton is not. EJ knows the players and offense, Orton does not. EJ is an ascending player, Orton is not.

This board has literally become unbearable again. EJ may or may not have a good year, its yet to be seen. But regardless, this is EJ's team and this kid will get the WHOLE year to play barring injury. They invested in EJ, gave him weapons, and they will give him this year to prove he's the guy. They are not going to yank him for a journeyman backup QB who may not even have the passion to play anymore. There is NO value in it. Even if EJ struggles the first 8 weeks, they will not give up on him after just 18 games...he will finish the year to see if he can progress or not.

Orton will play ZERO games unless there is an injury. I will gladly take the under for any amount of money someone wants to bet.

:w00t:

Please explain how he is not. He can use his feet and his arm to get a first down and has done so on multiple occasions. There is a thread dedicated to all of his runs last year. If you see otherwise please explain. But im sure your response will be "EJ Sucks Bro" or something along those lines.

Please explain how he is not. He can use his feet and his arm to get a first down and has done so on multiple occasions. There is a thread dedicated to all of his runs last year. If you see otherwise please explain. But im sure your response will be "EJ Sucks Bro" or something along those lines.

You're right, my bad. EJ can beat us with his arm and legs alike.