If I was the new owner:

rfk

Losman for three years and no plan B, Edwards for three years and no plan B, Fitzpatrick for three years and no plan B - mix liberally with a series of journeyman lienarts, tjax's, and dixons- this is your recipe for no playoffs for a decade, which some might term a disaster. Draft Kevin Kolb, sign MIchael Vick, draft Nick Foles, draft Matt Barkley, sign Mark Sanchez in a five year period, keep the one that works - this is an example of a recipe where you end up with a good QB. This is an example of a recipe where you end up with a decent QB, and a playoff game.

The only example in that list that qualifies for "draft a QB every year until you find one" is the Foles/Barkley combo. The signing of Vick and Sanchez hardly qualify as guys who need the time and attention of a rookies/2nd year QB, which was the point of my post. They were lucky, in a way, that Foles matured quickly. I don't believe the Eagles were looking to replace Nick, but as a longer term development guy. (Which, BTW I support for the Bills.) They might have been better off using that draft pick to address some other need on the team. But I understand getting a guy with that kind of college experience in the 4th round. Had they picked one in an earlier round, I'd call it a dumb move.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic