Chad Kelly's road back- East Mississippi Community College

JoeF

Chad Kelly began traveling back to Division 1 football last night at East Mississippi Community College going 31-38 for 355 yards and 4 touchdowns. He is QBing the current #1 ranked team in Junior College football.

Many folks have posted about Chad's issues in HS and at Clemson. I am sure this is a lesson in humility that I hope leads him to realizing his dreams. Folks blamed part of his issues at Clemson this spring on being distraught about Uncle Jim's health. At least for last night, he probably made Uncle Jim pretty proud.

Edited by Formerly Joe F

Signs certainly point to the kid being a spoiled, egomaniacal jerk. That said, people can change and I hope he does. Going from being a top-flight high school QB prospect, to playing for a JUCO team, can be a real kick in the pills. Hopefully he takes full advantage of his 2nd chance.

Maybe transfer to SU?

I'd love to see the kid turn it around. I will be shocked if he does. Spoiled rich kids who become spoiled rich men are usually set in their ways.

I agree and I think that's why you don't see many of the big time athletes have children that go onto make it big. The genetics might be there but those kids are growing up in a very pampered lifestyle and I don't think in most cases it instills the type of mentality you must have to make it in the world of competitive sports. I'd say 95% of the greats grow up in either the Ghetto or working class blue collar conditions that creates a certain type of mentality

Instead of wishing him qb success (which is incredibly rare even for elite prospects) I'll pass on well wishes of happiness while playing and long after his football life is done.

Very well stated.

Instead of wishing him qb success (which is incredibly rare even for elite prospects) I'll pass on well wishes of happiness while playing and long after his football life is done.

Well said. :thumbsup:

I agree and I think that's why you don't see many of the big time athletes have children that go onto make it big. The genetics might be there but those kids are growing up in a very pampered lifestyle and I don't think in most cases it instills the type of mentality you must have to make it in the world of competitive sports. I'd say 95% of the greats grow up in either the Ghetto or working class blue collar conditions that creates a certain type of mentality

And 100% of them took a lunch pail to school