Marvel Smith added to probowl

VABills

Anyone want to venture why Big Ben did so well in Pittsburgh. That is 3 of their 5 Olinemen going to the probowl.

Just think about that and what our QB, no matter who, has in front of him.

Let Jennings go, and get a good LG.

The BS that we continue to put out in front of our QB sucks. We need to seriously upgrade the left side of the line. Until we do, no matter what we are going to suffer.

Think back to our great years of the early 90's. We had a great oline and now we basically suck. It was a huge improvement this year but it still is not a very good squad overall.

Anyone want to venture why Big Ben did so well in Pittsburgh.  That is 3 of their 5 Olinemen going to the probowl. 

Just think about that and what our QB, no matter who, has in front of him. 

Let Jennings go, and get a good LG.

The BS that we continue to put out in front of our QB sucks.  We need to seriously upgrade the left side of the line.  Until we do, no matter what we are going to suffer. 

Think back to our great years of the early 90's.  We had a great oline and now we basically suck.  It was a huge improvement this year but it still is not a very good squad overall.

The O-line is great! :blink: Bledsoe just sucks. :doh: Didn't you know that? :doh:

Sacks for Bledsoe

2002 - 54

2003- 49

2004 - 37 - It's getting better

2005 - 0 - Much better. He won't be here. ( I hope ) :doh:

The line will improve by not having to contain their man for 5-7 seconds, due to the QB holding onto the ball too long and not being mobile.

Sacks for Bledsoe

2002 - 54

2003-  49

2004 - 37 - It's getting better

2005 - 0 - Much better. He won't be here. ( I hope )  :doh: 

The line will improve by not having to contain their man for 5-7 seconds, due to the QB holding onto the ball too long and not being mobile.

220219[/snapback]

Mark, with all due respect, you are wrong. The pro bowlers are recognized in part only by fan voting. A large portion is the coaches and players voting. If they honestly felt anyone deserved to go to the probowl from the Bills squad at least one would be there. Our Online is very subpar still.

Mark, with all due respect, you are wrong.  The pro bowlers are recognized in part only by fan voting.  A large portion is the coaches and players voting.  If they honestly felt anyone deserved to go to the probowl from the Bills squad at least one would be there.  Our Online is very subpar still.

220224[/snapback]

Doesn't the guy who is going to coach the game decide the replacements for

ProBowl. Considering that Bill Cowher will be coaching the AFC in the

Pro Bowl I am not surprised that he chose one OL and one DL from his team

to make the pro-bowl.

Mark, with all due respect, you are wrong.  The pro bowlers are recognized in part only by fan voting.  A large portion is the coaches and players voting.  If they honestly felt anyone deserved to go to the probowl from the Bills squad at least one would be there.  Our Online is very subpar still.

220224[/snapback]

Agreed. Chris V. = Average, Teague = Average ( was terrible but improved ), Mike Williams= Average but improving. LT = ? ( Jennings gone, big problem ), LG=? ( Tucker. Is he just a good versitile backup or a starter ? )

I think identifying starters at LT,LG should be our top priorities this off-season. No arguments here.

Doesn't the guy who is going to coach the game decide the replacements for

ProBowl.  Considering that Bill Cowher will be coaching the AFC in the

Pro Bowl I am not surprised that he chose one OL and one DL from his team

to make the pro-bowl.

220238[/snapback]

No, he gets to choose, I believe 3 players. But the alternates are already selected in advance, with the designation 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc..

This was how Travis made it, he was the 3rd alternate, and with injuries and guys choosing not to go, Travis made it by being named in advance as such. It really meant that he was recognized as the 6th best RB in the AFC that year as they take usually 3 RB's.

No, he gets to choose,  I believe 3 players.  But the alternates are already selected in advance, with the designation 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.. 

This was how Travis made it, he was the 3rd alternate, and with injuries and guys choosing not to go, Travis made it by being named in advance as such.  It really meant that he was recognized as the 6th best RB in the AFC that year as they take usually 3 RB's.

220247[/snapback]

My point was, I think he is allowed to select from the alternates and that is

what he did. He picked his players from the alternates selected earlier.

220261[/snapback]

Fine if he did. But none of our guys were not even named as alternates.

No the alternates are selected as 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. So they go down the list. He doesn't get to choose.

As for having 3 Pro Bowl OL, that would be nice, but that's also a lot of money. Look at the Pats. They don't have any Pro Bowlers, are a great O-line, and outside of Light the players don't make a lot of money. Give me that, JMac!