Alex VanPelt to Dolphins

obie_wan

Alex is probably a nice guy, I don't doubt. Yet he became a complete Bledsoe apologist on the radio game coverage. There was no objective balance to his analysis. He was completely defending the Bills players and it just wasn't working. I hope he gets the job and moves on.

AVP was a great announcer especially considering it was his first year. He blew away the Criqui/Tasker drivel that I was exposed to for a while until I listened to their radiocast one day.

I don't like to see him go there, but how can you pass up an opportunity to be a part of one of the most challenging rebuilding processes in the history of the game?

Alex is probably a nice guy, I don't doubt. Yet he became a complete Bledsoe apologist on the radio game coverage. There was no objective balance to his analysis. He was completely defending the Bills players and it just wasn't working. I hope he gets the job and moves on.

220129[/snapback]

AVP is a Bledsoe apologist? :doh: Maybe he should consider joining the ranks here, as the numbers of apologists have dwindled greatly in the last few weeks. :doh:

It's pretty obvious that he wants to coach somewhere...I think he has applied for a job at the Univ. of Pittsburgh as well.  Good for him, he probably would make for a very good coach somewhere.

Yeah he applied to Wannstedt for the job of QB coach, but probably would have taken anything. If he gets a job with the Dols, what does that say about them? I guess time will tell.

I dashed Alex off an e-mail to find out what is going on. I know some did not like the way he was on the radio. Explaining the calls and packages but it was totally different from what we were use to. I will just plain miss seeing him this season. Well if he goes to the Dolphins I'll still try to keep track of him.

Tasker would never give up CBS to do local radio. $$$$ Think about it.

I dashed Alex off an e-mail to find out what is going on.  I know some did not like the way he was on the radio. Explaining the calls and packages but it was totally different from what we were use to.  I will just plain miss seeing him this season. Well if he goes to the Dolphins I'll still try to keep track of him.

Tasker would never give up CBS to do local radio.  $$$$ Think about it.

220258[/snapback]

He was excellent at explaining the formations and various plays. He was just too loyal to his ex-mates and quick to cut off Murph if he made a critical observation concerning one of the Bills players. That became painfully obvious during every broadcast.

I still like the guy and wish him the best.

Good opportunity for AVP who is one of the good guys. This doesn't rank anywhere near as troubling as Thurman signing with the Fish. That was just wrong.

220384[/snapback]

How the hell is this any different?

Reminds me of when Jimbo was asked what his favorite victory was, and he said "any time we beat the dolphins"...

He was excellent at explaining the formations and various plays. He was just too loyal to his ex-mates and quick to cut off Murph if he made a critical observation concerning one of the Bills players. That became painfully obvious during every broadcast.

I still like the guy and wish him the best.

220270[/snapback]

I loved hearing the stuff about formations and plays. You never get to hear that stuff from the zombies on CBS, FOX, and, especially, ESPN's crew of flunkies.

I don't mind that AVP defended his ex-teammates. It was his first year and he still probably hangs out with a lot of those guys.

How the hell is this any different?

Reminds me of when Jimbo was asked what his favorite victory was, and he said "any time we beat the dolphins"...

220395[/snapback]

Different when you're lining up against the Bills in the Orange and Teal unis. Thurman went down to Miami pissed off at the Bills and wanting to show the Bills something.

AVP is looking for a coaching job and there's not as many of those available at this level. He's putting on the coach's shirt not the uniform. That and the fact that AVP was not a Bill at the level of Thurman - can't even mention him in the same sentence.

I loved hearing the stuff about formations and plays.  You never get to hear that stuff from the zombies on CBS, FOX, and, especially, ESPN's crew of flunkies.

220399[/snapback]

I mostly agree with you, but I think you are a little off on the "ESPN crew of flunkies." Assuming you are talking about the television crew, they are very good at breaking down games, superior to any other televison crew on the national outlets. I know a lot can't stand Theisman and Maguire, but they know their stuff, especially Maguire....