SI Don Banks: Playing EJ in the final game is a no lose scenario

There is no need to play our starters tonight. If they play well many will say it's only preseason against backups. If they play poorly it will give some more to criticize. There is nothing to gain by playing #1s tonight. Already played 4 games. Bring on the season......for better or worse

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, While I'm not totally against him playing a few series, I'd rather he do it with the 1st string OL. EJ getting injured is the big loss in this "no lose" scenario.

Giving the starting O line several series also isn't a bad idea. How many have they had together? I agree with Banks' assessment...good things (confidence in himself, his O-line, his receivers etc.) could come from it.

I'd only let EJ play a series or two with the starters. Let him air it out though. We don't need to see him hand off.

Sullivan this morning mentions in the Buff News about Jordan Palmer playing tonight. I disagree with that move. Tuel needs to play 3 Qtrs in this game. He's going to be the main backup QB for now so let the guy get some reps out there now. Palmer can practice but why does he need game reps right now? He's been here 5 minutes. He's not going to be the #2 man for a while if that.

Unless I'm reading this wrong, this writer seems to be implying that risking EJ playing in this last game is a no lose scenario even if EJ gets hurt, wow:

http://www.si.com/nf...ert-griffin-iii

He is right.

If EJ gets hurt then everyone will ask why he was playing.

I wont, the guy sucks. He needs reps....like 5 years worth before ever being allowed to start again, but I digress...

Marrone has rocks in his head playing any of the starters. Maybe he will put Fred and CJ back there to return another kickoff. Brilliant.

Part of me wants to see EJ tweak his miniscus so the whole thing just blows up in Doug's face.

That "part" of you is called an ****.

He is right.

I wont, the guy sucks. He needs reps....like 5 years worth before ever being allowed to start again, but I digress...

You're entitled to your opinion, but my opinion is that you suck.

I think I would sit Fred Jackson, Spiller, Watkins & Woods. I would start the rest of the first string offense. I would sit the first string D.

I would play EJ with those starters for 3 series or until they scored a TD, whichever is less. Then I would play Tuel for the rest of the first half with the same remaining starters on offense. 2nd half offense would be all Palmer. I would play the offensive line the whole first half I think unless they came out absolutely smashing Detroit right away at the line of scrimmage. If they did that, then I would sit all my starters earlier.