The quarterbacks or the coaches

After the dismal quarterback play thus far for the bills I have come to wonder is it really bad quarterback play or bad play calling by the coaches. EJ has not looked any better in games despite all the news that he has done well in practices, and looks more "robotic" as some have mentioned. Tuel also looks no better and Thad Lewis regressed to the point that he gets cut. EJ has all the physical ability but seems lost sometimes and can't put it together. Thad, a smart Duke guy, didn't seem to grasp the offense either. Is the offense to complicated for them or not being coached right or do the quarterbacks just suck?. It would be interesting what new quarterback Palmer thinks about the system.

After listening to Kelso, I agree with him. The Bills strictly used vanilla plays and were in I-formation packages vs. the Bucs. Detroit may offer another round of vanilla plays.

But the other team is bringing vanilla too isn't it?

Not sure I buy this excuse.

I think the whole team played lousy and they better get on the same page fast.

Guys slipping and falling, bad o line play, bad routes, bad passes...

It just impossible to conclude anything until the season is rolling.

I understand vanilla and I don't mind it, however in the same regard vanilla means more fundamentals execution. Therefore, you would, at the very least want to see them execute and not have the mental lapses that has seemed to have been their Achilles heal this pre season.

Its possible the QB play and the coaching are both bad. It doesn't really have to be one or the other.

It's also possible neither are bad and everything will be fine. Why don't we just wait and see how things go this season.