Cutler annoyed with Bills’ signing of QB Jordan Palmer

HOUSE

That didn’t take long.

Yesterday the Chicago Bears released quarterback Jordan Palmer and named Jimmy Clausen their official backup quarterback. Today we learned that their Week 1 opponents, the Buffalo Bills, plan on signing him to a new contract.

The most immediate benefit that the Bills will get from Palmer is loads of information about how the Bears offense operates. Even though head coach Doug Marrone denies it:

SNIP>

http://network.yardb...palmer/17138609

Edited by HOUSE

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“It’s not exactly what you want,” Cutler said. “He can give them things I’m sure. He knows snap counts, some of the stuff we do with our checks, what plays we like. But they still have to defend it. So we won’t change much if anything, maybe a few tweaks here and there. But we’ll just have to go play football and see how it goes.”

doesn't sound annoyed. just a practical response. disappointing too, since I was hoping signing of palmer had added benefit of getting inside his head

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I think coaches and players look at film all the time to try and figure out how to play an opponent. As as earlier post said, players are cut and signed by teams all the time. I doubt there is a huge advantage in this.

i love how no one in the lamestream media has asked the bills how they feel about the bears signing caussin. he was here for years, so i'm sure he knows all our snap counts. plus, no one finds it curious that they made him their backup qb? dude was a tight end!

to me, that's far more out of line than the bills signing palmer.

What exactly did he say that was a shot at the Bills? Am I missing something?

Cutler didn't take a shot at the Bills. The guy who wrote the article did..."The good news is that even if Palmer is able to give them an inside scoop, the Bills still have an inherent disadvantage to overcome in being the Buffalo Bills."

I think coaches and players look at film all the time to try and figure out how to play an opponent. As as earlier post said, players are cut and signed by teams all the time. I doubt there is a huge advantage in this.

Agreed

This gets so overblown every time a team signs a former player of a future opponent.