WQAM buzzing about Henry

dib

The radio station likes the deal, IMHO I think it sucks because the felons dont have a 2nd round pick until 2006, and Henry stays int he division, and it helps the felons.

The only fan I heard call in however stated categorically that he does not want henry.

Fuggabout the draft pick for Henry, we need a player who can contribute to the team now. I like Miami as a potential trade partner exactly because they do not have a second round pick so if they want Henry then they have to give us a player in exchange (my wildest dream is McMichael who is due a big FA contract at the same time as Henry, I think he actually is a more productive player than Henry so we should give them more but hey can't a Bills fan dream.

I think the debate on whether Henry is worth a 2nd or worth a 4th or whatever misses the point of creating a team capable of racking up the Ws and getting into the playoffs in 2005 or even 2006. Draft picks are neato keen for fantasy leagues, but in terms of Ws give me a vet, even one judged of lesser value than Henry.

Fuggabout the draft pick for Henry, we need a player who can contribute to the team now. I like Miami as a potential trade partner exactly because they do not have a second round pick so if they want Henry then they have to give us a player in exchange (my wildest dream is McMichael who is due a big FA contract at the same time as Henry, I think he actually is a more productive player than Henry so we should give them more but hey can't a Bills fan dream.

I think the debate on whether Henry is worth a 2nd or worth a 4th or whatever misses the point of creating a team capable of racking up the Ws and getting into the playoffs in 2005 or even 2006.  Draft picks are neato keen for fantasy leagues, but in terms of Ws give me a vet, even one judged of lesser value than Henry.

220096[/snapback]

Exactly Fake. The draft is a crapshoot. Give me some proven talent anyday.

I think the debate on whether Henry is worth a 2nd or worth a 4th or whatever misses the point of creating a team capable of racking up the Ws and getting into the playoffs in 2005 or even 2006.  Draft picks are neato keen for fantasy leagues, but in terms of Ws give me a vet, even one judged of lesser value than Henry.

220096[/snapback]

player for player trades are rare........i expect a 2005 draft pick(s)........

player for player trades are rare........i expect a 2005 draft pick(s)........

220107[/snapback]

Miami will need to move some of its overpriced defensive talent in order to upgrade the O-line and RB. (Jason Taylor would be nice)

Surtain and Madison will probably be available, but they have huge exsiting contracts.

McMichael could be available as well, but he is a totally useless as a blocker - so he may not fit the Bills priority of running the football.

220096[/snapback]

The problem with the McMichael deal is that we won't be able to throw big money

at the TE. We already are commited big money on the OL (Mike Williams and

and Teague and the new LT whoever that will be) and at the QB and RB positions.

I don't think we can have the highest paid TE on our team.

TD will definitely want a draft pick. The problem is Miami picks 2nd and hence

we don't have a shot at getting their 1st round pick by any means...If their

pick was in the lowe half, we could have packaged our 2nd and Henry for their

1st. We cannot trade for a 2006 pick because TD needs the depth this year.

This is year 5 of TD regime and he needs to make deep into the playoffs, so

he needs players this year, not next year.

Miami will need to move some of its overpriced defensive talent in order to upgrade the O-line and RB. (Jason Taylor would be nice)

Surtain and Madison will probably be available, but they have huge exsiting contracts.

McMichael could be available as well, but he is a totally useless as a blocker - so he may not fit the Bills priority of running the football.

220116[/snapback]

taylor has almost 10 million in unamortized bonus that would hit the cap if he was traded or cut -- not a chance........

surtain is tradeable, but it would take alot more then henry to land him and i think we have bigger needs (and better ways to spend our cap room)........

madison is another guy with a ton of unamortized bonus left, thanks to his restructure last year (7.3M) -- he'll be a phin in '05........

mcmichael's contract is very low and they could deal him if they wanted to, i just don't see it happening.......i'd love to have him, even if he can't throw a block, it's just so hard to find gamechangers at the position, let alone guys who can catch, run, AND block.......but i agree with you in regards to how he'd fit in our scheme, and i doubt TD would want anything to do with him......

220116[/snapback]

I disagree. I live in Miami and watch a lot of their games. The fish used McMichael as a blocker during the secondf half of the year and the line gave up a lot less sacks.

I disagree. I live in Miami and watch a lot of their games. The fish used McMichael as a blocker during the secondf half of the year and the line gave up a lot less sacks.

220280[/snapback]

and he pissed and moaned about having to do it too.

220280[/snapback]

and he pissed and moaned about having to do it too.

220293[/snapback]

and he wasn't very good at it

a 2nd rounder in 2006 is the same as a 3rd rounder in 2005.

and henry is worth a 2nd rounder this year. so if we dont get a pick till 2006, it better be a 1st rounder.

but if thats the case, i bet it will be a conditonal pick based on yardage, where in, if henry gets 1300+ yards its a 1st rounder. what if hes injured???? then we get JACK SQUAT!!!

a 2nd rounder in 2006 is the same as a 3rd rounder in 2005.

and henry is worth a 2nd rounder this year. so if we dont get a pick till 2006, it better be a 1st rounder.

but if thats the case, i bet it will be a conditonal pick based on yardage, where in, if henry gets 1300+ yards its a 1st rounder. what if hes injured???? then we get JACK SQUAT!!!

A conditional pick usually has a base value assigned to it. In Henry's case, it could be a 3rd rounder that conditionally becomes anywhere from a 2nd to 2-1st rounders (as the Dolphins ended up giving up for RW) based on yardage.