Ryan Mallett anyone?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never been a Mallett fan and nothing I've seen from him has changed my mind. If he is cut, then even Belicheat couldn't find a way to make him into a decent backup, and that has never been a problem for the Pats*, The drafting of a QB in the 2nd round this year was a sign that Mallet is a bum.

With that said, it couldn't hurt to bring him in for a look-see, though I'm guessing another team will step up and offer him a contract.

No. To my knowledge, he has never been accused of being a leader let alone mature. My experience with watching him in college was that when he made a bad throw he walked back to the huddle, when his receiver missed a catch he gestured and pointed fingers. He also wouldn't hesitate to get in the coach's face. This team doesn't need to bring an attitude on board at this point. We also don't need to mortgage the future any more than we already have done.

I haven't watched enough of Mallet to say how his overall game is, but the guy can throw a football with the best of em. In one of the Pats preseason games he threw a sideline pass 40 yds down field that hit the runner in stride right along the sideline. The WR dropped it, but had he reeled it in that was a beautiful pass.

In a heartbeat. Much better than the 2nd and 3rd scabs we have

Based on?

Aaron Murray may get cut.

Much rather give him a shot than Mallett. (Based on?) Well not much, accept his game in college was far more cerebral than Mallett's. And he hasn't demonstrated he sucks yet.--something Mallett has managed to demonstrate on a few occasions.

Mallet can make all the throws at this level . I wouldn't write him off just because Belichek doesn't like him. The kid was projected to be a starter coming out of college. I'm sure he wasn't happy being drafted by the Pats knowing he wouldn't have a chance to start. He reminds me of Cutler. He's arrogant, no doubt, but has a canon for an arm. I would give him a chance.

Mallet can make all the throws at this level . I wouldn't write him off just because Belichek doesn't like him. The kid was projected to be a starter coming out of college. I'm sure he wasn't happy being drafted by the Pats knowing he wouldn't have a chance to start. He reminds me of Cutler. He's arrogant, no doubt, but has a canon for an arm. I would give him a chance.

I'm not sure anyone questions his arm strength. His head has always been the issue with him, going back to college.