Prologos - Juror#8

Juror#8

This is a thread without a lot of explanation or background. Those who know, know. Those who don't, won't.

But after 13 months I figure that some follow up is in order.

I'm a father. I never had a paternity test done but everyone, including my own mother, tells me that my daughter looks just like me - by the way she has dark skin, curly hair, brown eyes (I'm black so ...). It's my son who has very light skin, straight black hair, green eyes, and looks nothing like me - indeed he looks nothing like his fraternal twin sister and exactly like their mother's father (they're white so ...).

Yep I had twins.

By the way, it was a bit of a shock when the nice young lady at Howard County General Hospital said "well hold on a moment..." as I sat and stared at what looked like nothing more than two black circles on a TV screen.

Now I have almost 8 month old twins (born 5 weeks premature). Being a father is the coolest thing in the world. They both stare at each other an blow spit bubbles. It is literally the most entertaining thing in the world. In my professional world of very consequential decisions, it's the trifles and novelties of spit bubbles that mean more.

Me and their mother have a complicated relationship. I'll leave it at that.

My former fiance couldn't deal with my infidelity. She rightfully moved on from the situation emotionally.

So 10 things I learned this past year:

1. Being a dad is categorically the coolest thing ever. And there is something philosophically sweet about the idea of "posterity."

2. If you need a getaway or three (as was my case), give Seychelles a try. If you go, send me a PM. I'll tell you a chill spot with strong drink and good conversation.

3. Speaking of strong drink - no matter how many times whiskey makes you fall asleep on your couch and forget things that are going on in your life, its not worth it. Eventually you're drinking to forget that you're drinking to forget things that are going on in your life. Springbank Single Malt nearly undid 37 years of fairly decent accomplishments.

4. "Gripe Water." That **** is amazing.

5. If you can justify spending big dollars on a watch, go with the GMT BLNR. It's worth every penny. And the GMT complication is great for travel.

6. Yes, "prologos." Despite this being the follow up to the story, it's still the beginning. And an exciting one at that.

7. Watched more indie movies than I thought were possible. I lot of good **** with subtitles. I'm still a big fan of "Primer." **** is weird and it takes a flow chart to understand. But it's worth 100 minutes of your time if you want to watch something a little different.

8. Kona Blue is still better than Deep Impact Blue.

9. A lot of good people on this site. I was surprised at how many people PMd me over the last year. Thank you all. You're good folks.

10. And despite what Chef Jim and LABillzFan and some others had to say, I am so blessed and thankful to have had my twins. All the emotions and the frustrations and the difficult and cathartic conversations that attended that process was so worth it. Their smile and their laugh and the way they stare at everything so inquisitively is completely worth all the emotional uncertainty that I went through. I wouldn't change any of it.

Edited by Juror#8

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see you back J-8.

1. Being a dad is categorically the coolest thing ever.

Yup. Congratulations.

3. Speaking of strong drink - no matter how many times whiskey makes you fall asleep on your couch and forget things that are going on in your life, its not worth it. Eventually you're drinking to forget that you're drinking to forget things that are going on in your life. Springbank Single Malt nearly undid 37 years of fairly decent accomplishments.

Single malt rule -- keep it to one if you're drinking alone.

10. And despite what Chef Jim and LABillzFan and some others had to say, I am so blessed and thankful to have had my twins. All the emotions and the frustrations and the difficult and cathartic conversations that attended that process was so worth it. Their smile and their laugh and the way they stare at everything so inquisitively is completely worth all the emotional uncertainty that I went through. I wouldn't change any of it.

Twins are a life-altering pain in the ass but watching them go through it all together and seeing the similarities and differences is a unique and amazing experience.

So glad to see you back. I spent 3 hrs total looking for you. Jim said suicide. Others said murder. Nonetheless, I searched obits and all...

Glad you're happy.

You were missed on

PPP

I don't think anyone picked this outcome. You, boyst and chef all owe me $5.

I never made the bet. I knew he wasn't dead. Figured drunk in an alley. Jim said dead by his own hand. Others said she killt him.

I don't think anyone picked this outcome. You, boyst and chef all owe me $5.

I'll need a little more proof than a post on a message board. Hell Chef's been dead for a year and a half now and this is his wife that's been posting in his stead. He always told you I was a bigger a-hole than him. :devil:

I'll need a little more proof than a post on a message board. Hell Chef's been dead for a year and a half now and this is his wife that's been posting in his stead. He always told you I was a bigger a-hole than him. :devil:

So.....

we should call you Chef Jimette?

but you have firmer breast than he did.