Bills Release Alan Branch After DWI Arrest

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah! This guy has such a great attitude and work ethic to go along with his legendary talent!

Promo, I'm sorry the fans booed and made you sad.

Just saying we fans have a way of saying one thing then doing a 180. Sunday: "Cut him!" Monday: "Why did we cut him???"

Edited by PromoTheRobot

They have Dareus, Kyle, Charles, Bryant, and Cohen. They'll be fine at DT w/o Branch.

Perhaps my words came out unclear. I wasn't advocating that Branch be kept. But in your list, beside the obvious two, IMHO only Charles is somewhat proven. Cohen has done well just in this preseason.

Perhaps my words came out unclear. I wasn't advocating that Branch be kept. But in your list, beside the obvious two, IMHO only Charles is somewhat proven. Cohen has done well just in this preseason.

Bryant is a pretty good rotational DT also.

Sure. Give him a chance to hook up with another team. Then we can complain about letting all our good players walk away.

For serious? We're going to turn this into another salvo against Bills fans?

Real talk: Branch needs help. As decent as he was last year, he is certainly not bearing the mark of a man who wants to contribute to an NFL roster this season.

I wonder if there is any sort of roster exemption for a guy to take leave from the team to resolve personal issues. It seems like there is something deeper than NFL football -- or a lack of passion for it -- going on beneath the surface here. I recall that the guy just had a kid last year. He needs to get his mind right so that he can be a good man for his family, long term, not just a quality DT for an NFL team.

I hope that the Bills will recognize this as an employer and try to secure him the help that he needs. It does seem like we have a lot of these projects to contend with, with Dareus being the highest-profile case. But we need to look at these guys as people, too. Millions of dollars playing a kid's game doesn't automatically = happiness, even if it seems like it should.

Real talk: Branch needs help. As decent as he was last year, he is certainly not bearing the mark of a man who wants to contribute to an NFL roster this season.

I agree. I would also ask what happened between last year and this year. He seemed to thrive under Pettine, so I wonder if the absence of Pettine is the problem. Sure, he has a history of poor effort, but it'll be telling if Pettine grabs him if we cut him.