Da'Rick watch 2014

Guys, there are simple fixes for all of these problems, new draft rules laid down by the new owner: No speedster WR toys in the 3rd round; No high motor DTs between picks 25 and 45.

Do you really want your owner making the rules when it comes to drafting players? Really?

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fair enough but like Johnny Football, that doesn't mean crap in the NFL. Whalen and Hogan have shown the can get open and get where they need to be. All the physical talent in the world means nothing in the NFL if you can't get separation or you aren't reliable. See James Hardy.

Hogan has? How many catches does he have I the NFL?? 10?? Chris Hogan has shown he can get open and get where he needs to with his 10 total catches. Nice.

Every Fan could see Da'Rick Rogers > TJ Graham. OBD couldn't. 'nuff said.

Rogers is better physically and athletically than all but a handful of wideouts in the league. And OBD, along with every other personnel department in the league readily understands that.

The world is littered with physically superior prospects who couldn't make the transition. I wonder why that is.

GO BILLS!!!

Rogers is better physically and athletically than all but a handful of wideouts in the league. And OBD, along with every other personnel department in the league readily understands that.

The world is littered with physically superior prospects who couldn't make the transition. I wonder why that is.

GO BILLS!!!

He is the Seantrel of WR.

GO BILLS!!!

Is the world also littered with physically superior QB prospects who couldn't make the transition?

I will leave. Obviously it is a subject that I am passionate about. It is not that Rogers is a HOF player but he fit a need and was a low risk guy. If he was an idiot cut him, if not develop him. I am glad to see that they took the shot on Seantrel this year in a similar situation. It has proven (so far) to be a worthwhile gamble. The last guys on your roster should have a chance of developing into starters IMO. You have starters, depth and then a few boom or bust guys. Ironically, it looks like Cyrus probably falls into that last group.

The Hogan thing still irks me because he is a scrub. He is good in shorts so they have been playing him ahead of Robert Woods!! Seriously?!? The guy has never produced in a game setting ANYWHERE yet he continues to get more and more chances because he tries hard. Barden (just an example) was never given 1st team reps even though he has produced in the NFL. What about Hogan warrants the chances that he gets? What happens in shorts in the field house is irrelevant. Getting off the soap box now but c'mon.

You are 100% correct. Rogers Rules Hogan Drools.

Is the world also littered with physically superior QB prospects who couldn't make the transition?

They are among the rubble, yes.

Let me guess, an EJ Manuel reference? Subtle.

GO BILLS!!!

He is the Seantrel of WR.

There are similarities but Henderson has shown a far better grasp of the game and playbook than Rogers who has shown himself to be unreliable at best.

GO BILLS!!!

They are among the rubble, yes.

Let me guess, an EJ Manuel reference? Subtle.

GO BILLS!!!

There are similarities but Henderson has shown a far better grasp of the game and playbook than Rogers who has shown himself to be unreliable at best.

GO BILLS!!!

I was referring to Blaine Gabbert, who didn't reach your 1000 attempts yet.

Both Rogers and Hogan are at the bottom of the depth chart, so lets see which one contributes more week to week.

We will see who is the better use of a roster spot.

Yeah, but Rogers has Andrew Luck throwing him the ball, and is playing in an offense that is built around the QB. Hogan is playing for a team that has a mess at the QB position, and will be trying to run the ball as often as possible. Two very different situations.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Yeah, but Rogers has Andrew Luck throwing him the ball, and is playing in an offense that is built around the QB. Hogan is playing for a team that has a mess at the QB position, and will be trying to run the ball as often as possible. Two very different situations.

Let's say Hogan and Rogers got cut tomorrow. Gut feeling, who gets picked up first?

Let's say Hogan and Rogers got cut tomorrow. Gut feeling, who gets picked up first?

Who really cares...other than those people who (1) have such an incredible need to prove they are smarter than everyone else and (2) are so hell bent in proving the current Bills' organization is inept - that they do things such as cling to the fortunes of an undrafted wide receiver...hoping he makes it big for NO OTHER reason than to prove the points stated above.

Who really cares...other than those people who (1) have such an incredible need to prove they are smarter than everyone else and (2) are so hell bent in proving the current Bills' organization is inept - that they do things such as cling to the fortunes of an undrafted wide receiver...hoping he makes it big for NO OTHER reason than to prove the points stated above.

Ding ding ding

Delusional post. For every TJ Graham there's a Sammy Watkins, for every "Glass" Goodwin there's a Robert Woods. Don't tell me they can't evaluate WR talent. 50/50 is actually phenomenal odds when talking about the draft.

Drafting for need leads to a lot of poor evaluations. The Bills operate in 2-3 year windows so they are always drafting for need in order to fill their ever changing offensive and defensive schemes. See Cyrus Koundijo for your latest example. They drafted him because they wanted desperately to replace Pears and in the process overlooked his injury problems and footwork and technique issues. Henderson has looked very good in his stead but he was there because it is going to be a challenge to steer him clear of his personal problems so by no means does he negate a poor choice early in a great draft. Preston Brown appeared to be another reach for need as well but we will see, as the reviews have been mixed.

But it bears note that the two guys you mentioned were huge producers at big schools. Universally respected talents.

Graham and Glass were not. They were reaches for speed. Goodwin has shown more receiving ability than he did at Texas but he is diminuitive and fragile. If this organization were well run they could have looked back on their experience with Roscoe and said pass on the glass. But they have zero memory and have repeated many of the same mistakes over and over and over for the past 14 years.

Rogers is good for one reason...we cut him. It's called TBD logic.

Indeed. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Why do we Bills fans focus on every player we coulda drafted (Wilson or Foles instead of Graham), every player we traded or released who has found success elsewhere (Lynch, Rogers)?

This is the sign of a fan base that has too little to hope for in the current team.