HS Student suspended for saying 'bless you' after a sneeze

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder when it became a gesture of courtesy instead of a warding against demonic possession.

I couldn't say, but it's nice to know that you, as well as the vast majority of english-speaking human beings, are aware that it is indeed a gesture of courtesy.

I wonder when it became a gesture of courtesy instead of a warding against demonic possession.

You should let the US Government know the true meaning. All this time they've been saying, "God bless America," and I don't think they are worrying about Demons infiltrating our country.

You should let the US Government know the true meaning. All this time they've been saying, "God bless America," and I don't think they are worrying about Demons infiltrating our country.

I believe they introduced that in the McCarthy era, though...

I believe they introduced that in the McCarthy era, though...

Same with: "In God We Trust."

Damn Godless pinko libs!

Why not? demons are multilingual and they really know history.

Conservatives prefer: incubus. We all know conservatives are anti-women. Of course they prefer raping a sleeping woman. It's the only way they can get it!

:-O

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Blessed

Lord,

Our

Wet

Mucus

Evaporate

Nice holier-than-thou reference in the middle of a holier-than-thou rant. :rolleyes:

Hey...I'd have absolutely no problem whatsoever with what that teacher did if only we'd addressed it with one simple concept: school vouchers.

Anyone can take a stand when they have nothing to lose. Let teachers like this put their career where their mouth is. Let's see a teacher take a stand with "Bless you" when parents have school choices and tenure doesn't exist.