Who starts oppostite Aaron Williams at safety?

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think starts at safety against the Bears?

• Da'Norris Searcy
    • Jonathan Meeks
    • Corey Graham
    • Duke Williams

Graham is getting more reps at safety this week. Searcy still can't cover anyone. Meeks and Williams look like ST's guys and little else. I think Searcy will only play against two TE sets where running is a bit more likely. Graham will definitely be the second safety in the dime and nickel. They have enough CB's to keep Graham at safety if Leodis can stay healthy. I think all these guys make the 53 man roster with Graham a swing CB/S.

I think it’ll come down to Searcy or Duke. So far it looks to me like Searcy has the edge but Duke is not far behind. I think Duke is more athletic but Searcy has the upper hand due to experience/knowledge. Searcy made some big plays last season. I think Graham’s reps this week are more for situational and injury fill in purposes than consideration for starting. Meeks has been injured for too long now so I don’t think he’s got any shot at starting and may even end up on IR. If that happens and Aaron gets hurt, I think it’ll be Graham filling in at FS.

I do expect to see some 3 safety looks this year as the situation calls for. Like if a team goes 2 TEs, I can see both Searcy and Duke on the field with Aaron. I wouldn’t mind seeing Graham & Aaron playing safety when a team goes 4 WRs with Robey & Brooks as the slot CBs.

Isn’t it fun to actually have options!!!

What? No options for mrags?

And just like all the years past it won't matter. We have way too many athletes on D to stick to one package where it matters and further we have an imaginative DC who will put people everywhere.