Thoughts?

Beerball

I agree that a person should have some level of choice in some circumstances.

However, the situation is easy to think about as a hypothetical but maybe nearly impossible to properly enact. Look at the recent Robin Williams situation. In a way he did the same thing as this woman. He chose death as a means to escape pain and illness. The question in either case is did the disease and circumstances leave either to act and make a noble and proper choice?

This is a very hard question to answer.

There's a certain irony in a couple of moderators supporting assisted suicide who won't delete people's accounts on request... :nana:

Neither of us said that self elimination from the board on the basis of stupidity was out of bounds... Besides unlike death, leaving their accounts intact gives all of us the joy of knowing they may come back at any time...

I have mixed feelings about this. Why do we need physicial assisted suicide? She seemed to just fine on her own. If I had acess to the drug she took I wouldn't want a doctor near me. I'd prefer to do it on my own. I've dealt with several doctors recently and I'm afraid if I got them involved they'd end up killing my wife instead of me. Whoopsie Mr Chef.