Would Eagles Win Rival Jets SB III Win As

Mark VI

Eagles seemed very dependent on the pass this year. Now T. Owens and TE Chad Lewis are out. Looks like McNabb will be a one man team, looking for Westbrook and WR's with questionable hands. NFC never looked weaker this past season.

Enter the Pats, who looked dominating against the Colts and Steelers. Haven't heard anyone picking the Eagles yet. Looks like a complete mismatch to many.

Way back in the 3rd SB, the Colts entered the game looking unbeatable, winning their championship game 34-0 over the Cleveland Browns. They were installed as 19 point favorites against the Jets. The Jets stunned the Colts 16-7 and no other SB has such a shocking final score. I never looked at the Bills in that same light, prior to the Giants SB 25. I thought it would be a close game. The Colts looked like they would beat the Jets by no less than 3 TD's. That final was truely shocking.

I view this SB as the Pats winning by no less than 2 TD's. The Eagles look to be in big trouble, especially when the Pats D is matched up against the Eagles Offense. The Pats offense may run more, due to Philly having 3 Pro-Bowlers in the secondary. If Brady can throw effectively, this game is over at halftime. I do think the Pats can run.

So would an Eagles win be the most shocking SB upset in 36 years ? I say Yes.

Thoughts ?

So would an Eagles win be the most shocking SB upset in 36 years ?  I say Yes.

Thoughts ?

219760[/snapback]

If the point spread is any indication, you'd have to rank Pats beating Rams and Giants beating Bills in line with this one.

If the point spread is any indication, you'd have to rank Pats beating Rams and Giants beating Bills in line with this one.

219767[/snapback]

I don't. I gave the Pats a great shot vs. the Rams and could see the Giants keeping it close vs. the Bills. Those lines may have been deserving but I didn't buy into them at all. The Colts definitely had that Goliath look about them in SB III.

I think the Pats are the closest thing to them in 36 years. The Eagles appear to have little to NO shot in this game.

I don't. I gave the Pats a great shot vs. the Rams and could see the Giants keeping it close vs. the Bills. Those lines may have been deserving but I didn't buy into them at all. The Colts definitely had that Goliath look about them in SB III.

I think the Pats are the closest thing to them in 36 years. The Eagles appear to have little to NO shot in this game.

219781[/snapback]

Only because of the coaches. If you swapped Belichick for Martz for that game, the Rams win by about 50.

I'd just as soon forget about the entire 2nd half of that game. Took the tape and threw it in the garbage. Have never watched it again and never will.

219799[/snapback]

Ah, yes, I agree, it is very painful to even think about.

Although my comment was really meant to mean "great minds think alike", since we posted the same thing. My bad for being vague, though.

I've said that here before. Marv must have gone into vapor lock when we went up 12-3.

Yeah. I don't know, I think the problems started for Buffalo well before the game even began. Those players weren't ready for the kind of media attention that came to them during the Super Bowl, and they really needed someone to sort of reign them in, which was never Levy's style.

Those players weren't ready for the kind of media attention that came to them during the Super Bowl, and they really needed someone to sort of reign them in, which was never Levy's style.

219803[/snapback]

I had a bigger problem with the lack of in game adjustments - especially by Walt Corey.

I had a bigger problem with the lack of in game adjustments - especially by Walt Corey.

219805[/snapback]

That too. Although, I concede, it's been years since I've watched SBXXV again, although most of it is firmly ingrained into my brain. But what do you mean, specifically?

That too. Although, I concede, it's been years since I've watched SBXXV again, although most of it is firmly ingrained into my brain. But what do you mean, specifically?

219806[/snapback]

Maybe the 13 minute drive with Otis Anderson getting 4,5 yards most every play.

GRRRRRRRRR..now I need a drink. Walt F#*King Corey. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Was it really Walt Corey or D players not making basic tackles? Meggett falls behind the LOS no one hustles to touch him, he runs for a long gain. Don't even get me going on that Ingram 3rd down pick up with Talley & Kelso both blowing routine tackles.