8-20: Doug Marrone and GM Doug Whaley on WGR

8-20 DOUG MARRONE ON HOWARD SIMON SHOW <18:40>

Interesting comments from Marrone this morning on WGR. One thing in particular that caught my ear is how high he is on Seantrel Henderson. He stated that Henderson and Cordy Glenn have the potential to the the best pair of OTs in the NFL.

8-20 DOUG WHALEY ON WGR <21:06>

@WGR550

Whaley: "The only issue we have with EJ is that he is a perfectionist. We tell him, 'don't be perfect, just be a football player'"

Whaley on Spiller contract: "We would like to talk to him and find out what is on his mind" . notes the team will wait until he has an agent

Whaley also spoke about how impressed the Bills are with Henderson's talent with him being a 1st round talent if not for the off the field issues. The Bills are setting up structure for him post training camp to help him stay on the right path.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, I guess we know who's playing RT this season.

It's all coach speak. He would have said the same thing if CK was starting. Glenn is very good so his RT and him can be a very good combo.

But good for Henderson for making the most of his opportunity. Hopefully, he keeps improving on and off the field.

It's all coach speak. He would have said the same thing if CK was starting. Glenn is very good so his RT and him can be a very good combo.

But good for Henderson for making the most of his opportunity. Hopefully, he keeps improving on and off the field.

No one doubted Henderson's physical abilities.

All 32 teams doubted his mental makeup.

If Henderson keeps his head on straight he has the potential for a very long career and a lot of money.

I wish him the best and hope he remembers which team gave him a real chance when it is time to extend his contract.

BTW Seantrel Henderson was part of the Bryce Brown trade. It looks like just Seantrel is worth a 2015 4th round pick alone.

Meaning we traded Stevie Johnson for Seantrel Henderson and Bryce Brown.

That Whaley is a smooth operator.

If Henderson keeps his head on straight he has the potential for a very long career and a lot of money.

I wish him the best and hope he remembers which team gave him a real chance when it is time to extend his contract.

BTW Seantrel Henderson was part of the Bryce Brown trade. It looks like just Seantrel is worth a 2015 4th round pick alone.

very good point. If it plays out as well as it has started, even if Cyrus doesn't work out it stings a little less.

very good point. If it plays out as well as it has started, even if Cyrus doesn't work out it stings a little less.

great point, its almost like a hedged bet on CK. even if CK ends up a bust, this draft still looks like a winner.

Disagree. I don't believe I've ever heard Marrone gush over a player like he did Henderson in this interview.

Disagree. I don't believe I've ever heard Marrone gush over a player like he did Henderson in this interview.

You beat me to the punch. Definitely not "coachspeak" in this instance. Marrone loves that kid -- he is his pet project.

There are worse things for your starting QB to be than a perfectionist.

You beat me to the punch. Definitely not "coachspeak" in this instance. Marrone loves that kid -- he is his pet project.

There are worse things for your starting QB to be than a perfectionist.

Beat me to the punch too. Marrone puts a "we gotta get better" spin on EVERYTHING. That was not the case when he gushed about Henderson.

Agreed and Henderson was the number 1 OT prospect coming out of high school. But he didn't exactly dominant at Miami. This has been a very pleasant surprise.

Agreed and Henderson was the number 1 OT prospect coming out of high school. But he didn't exactly dominant at Miami. This has been a very pleasant surprise.

Nothing like the realization that your career might be coming to an end to bring out 100% focus and effort toward maximizing your talent. Here's to Henderson staying on the path and realizing every bit of his potential.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

By the way, who is Russell Brown? Do you mean Preston?

indeed I do. I apparently elevated my friend, Russell Brown, to the Bills roster. As he is well into his Social Security years, I don't think he'll make the 53 man roster. On the other hand, sounds like PRESTON Brown is a lock.