Colt Lyerla Waived by Packers

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw on the NFL Network on the little scroll thing at the bottom of the screen that the Packers have waived Colt Lyerla. This is a guy we need to take a chance on. Hopefully we bring him in

He is a UNDFA rookie who Green Bay signed but has injured his knee. Green Bay wants to put him on the PS. SO u think we should pull a Belacheat and sign him to a contract..........I dont know about that. The kid has had some problems off the field, and Ballard didnt work out foe NE!

Why does this guy get so much attention? I don't remember ever seeing him play but his stats don't jump off the page at me or anything. Add that to him getting kicked off the team at Oregon and then undrafted and cut by the Packers, doesn't sound too encouraging

He's talented, but THE DEFINITION of a red flag. And at some point there could come a tipping point on this roster where our character risks outweigh the great locker room guys, and team chemistry goes bad. I don't think he showed enough in the limited training camp and preseason production for the Bills, a team who refused to draft him, or even sign him as an UDFA, to claim him on waivers and only run a 52 man roster to leave room for him... Which is what they would have to do, right? Or would they be able to claim him and place him on their own IR?

why? He's hurt.

For next year, perhaps?

When I saw this yesterday, I tried to post it to the now archived Colt Lyerla thread. Not that I think this guy is worth any big risk, but if you claimed him off waivers, and won, could you put him on the injured list? How about the PS, now that it's been expanded to 10? Again, I'm not suggesting the Bills do this, just wondering what a team's options are with something like this. If he has to count toward the 53, I don't see how having him pass through waivers is too much of a risk, unless he is expected to play at some point this year.

That the Pack waived him and didn't IR him tell me that he hasn't shown enough to warrant developing him in the future. To go along with his other issues. But it would be a low investment/risk pickup.

For next year, perhaps?

When I saw this yesterday, I tried to post it to the now archived Colt Lyerla thread. Not that I think this guy is worth any big risk, but if you claimed him off waivers, and won, could you put him on the injured list? How about the PS, now that it's been expanded to 10? Again, I'm not suggesting the Bills do this, just wondering what a team's options are with something like this. If he has to count toward the 53, I don't see how having him pass through waivers is too much of a risk, unless he is expected to play at some point this year.

nah. Not sure he's worth it. JMO.

I will weigh in as a Ducks fan. The guy is a head case, but he's an incredibly talented one. He is an excellent blocker, has great hands and is supremely athletic. I actually expected him to be the Packers long term TE if they could reign him in. I wouldn't argue for a second if the Bills could stash him on the PS for a year somehow.

That the Pack waived him and didn't IR him tell me that he hasn't shown enough to warrant developing him in the future. To go along with his other issues. But it would be a low investment/risk pickup.

The Pack definitely want to keep him. That is the report. I'm not sure if it's the kind of injury or something that makes this different as to why they do not just IR him.

I will weigh in as a Ducks fan. The guy is a head case, but he's an incredibly talented one. He is an excellent blocker, has great hands and is supremely athletic. I actually expected him to be the Packers long term TE if they could reign him in. I wouldn't argue for a second if the Bills could stash him on the PS for a year somehow.

With all due respect, this guy is not good enough to be a head case. He has less than 600 yards in 3 college seasons and now a major injury.

If he was Dez Bryant, it's one thing. He is a guy who had one decent season in college. One day he'll look back and realize how he pissed away a lot of money.

I think this is similar to the guy the Pats picked up off of Waived / Injured earlier this preseason. If that is the case, I think he would have to start the regular season 53 man roster, then we could move him to IR once the regular season starts. Does that make sense?

In any case, if we had any interest I imagine we would have given him a look a few months ago.

The Pack definitely want to keep him. That is the report. I'm not sure if it's the kind of injury or something that makes this different as to why they do not just IR him.

I can only guess that they hope he clears waivers and they can put him on the PS and save money.