Don't judge a book by its cover.

stevestojan

I wish I was on that plane.  Every time I fly I look out for the potential terrorist. 

219972[/snapback]

I always do a quick scan as well. More importantly, I look for someone who would help me. It's obvious who the guys are that have that crazy look in their eye - the good kind of crazy... like "if someone stands up and goes towards the cockpit, they'll be eating out of a straw for the rest of their life" look....

Is it just me or does the guy sort of look like Robert Downey, Jr.???

Anyway, the guy probably has some sort of mental illness. It's interesting how everyone here is quick to call him "stupid" and so forth, but the reason why he's unemployed and babbling on about government conspiracies in a cockpit may just be because he needs some meds. Go check out "A Beautiful Mind," and you'll see that intelligence has no corollation with mental illness.

Anyway, the guy probably has some sort of mental illness. It's interesting how everyone here is quick to call him "stupid" and so forth, but the reason why he's unemployed and babbling on about government conspiracies in a cockpit may just be because he needs some meds. Go check out "A Beautiful Mind," and you'll see that intelligence has no corollation with mental illness.

220066[/snapback]

I prefer to think of him simply as an Iggles fan - you know, Egyed the average Iggles fan.

"Egyed was taken into custody when the plane landed. Authorities said he is unemployed and lives in Philadelphia.

Egyed was scheduled to appear Wednesday in federal court in Fort Pierce, officials said. If convicted, he could be sentenced to up to 20 years behind bars."

Most Iggles fans face 20 years in front of bars. This one might get 20 behind them. Not much difference IMHO.

220066[/snapback]

You make a good point......but unfortunately, that is one of the few situations were I would not give him the benefit of the doubt. I'd be taking the same approach as Pete and Stojan.