Marcell Dareus assures off-field issues are in the past

I know and agree , heard it before or something like it .

But he seemed to mention Coach Marrone in an earnest way .

We shall see.

till then i will hope he kicks and takes names. No more contemplating the meaning of life.

Dareus see ball , Dareus drive O linemen into and over ball . just havin fun Coach !

Yes, talk is cheap, but I really hope some of you who have expressed some not-so-enlightened viewpoints (in my opinion) on Marcell's off the field issues take particular note of what a supportive organization can do for a person, and why something like this will get the attention of players throughout the league.

I still can't believe anyone suggested the Bills should cut a guy who made a couple of admittedly dumb mistakes that didn't reflect anything horrible about his character -- particularly given his background and what tragedies he has endured.

I really hope he's able to keep things moving in a positive direction.

And Jerry Sullivan can kiss my ass.

Yes, talk is cheap, but I really hope some of you who have expressed some not-so-enlightened viewpoints (in my opinion) on Marcell's off the field issues take particular note of what a supportive organization can do for a person, and why something like this will get the attention of players throughout the league.

I still can't believe anyone suggested the Bills should cut a guy who made a couple of admittedly dumb mistakes that didn't reflect anything horrible about his character -- particularly given his background and what tragedies he has endured.

Well said. And Jerry Sullivan is a clown.

Were they not very supportive last year? I thought they were very supportive of him.

Were they not very supportive last year? I thought they were very supportive of him.

They were. But Marrone was new to the organization then as well. And as others have pointed out, everyone gets through something like this on their own schedule -- which is why the sort of takes Sully was spewing were so misguided. Baby steps.

Combine this with what's happening with Mike Williams, and you have to be encouraged. Williams is a player with some moronic off the field issues as well who supposedly was "at odds" with Marrone...and is now starting to act like a team leader.

I thought it was funny when Whaley was talking about Dareus this morning on GR and said something about when he is on the football field he is great and happy and they just have to worry about what he does in the off season. Well last year as soon as he got off the field, three minutes from the stadium was one of his biggest issues with the drag racing incident.

We just have to hope for the best with Dareus. Do everything you can to surround him with people and players that are going to help him. I guess it really didn't help that Jerry Hughes thought it was a good idea to drag race in the middle of the afternoon, too. They're probably never going to do that again, but still.