Meanwhile at the Airport

The Big Cat

When I was leaving Salt Lake City last week TSA had pulled a Swiss Army knife out of some (aprox) 12 year old's backpack and was telling his mother to either check it in her luggage or mail it somewhere.

Where does one check bags once in the security lines (post X-Ray) ?

I've got Pre-Check baby! No need to strip down and empty my bag in security. Just empty my pockets and walk through!

Signed up for Global Entry which will qualify me for PRE once it is processed.

Funny thing ....... Now that I have over 50K and 30K on the two carriers I use, I get PreCheck over 80 % of the time.

didn't cost me anything

I've got 811,000 on American and the F'ers have given me nothing...

When I was leaving Salt Lake City last week TSA had pulled a Swiss Army knife out of some (aprox) 12 year old's backpack and was telling his mother to either check it in her luggage or mail it somewhere.

Where does one check bags once in the security lines (post X-Ray) ?

You go back to the main desk and check your bag, I guess. I forgot I had a knife once (and cigar lighters a couple of times) and simply abandoned them. Hell it was my fault, I knew you couldn't bring them on, I simply forgot they were in the bag

Went through security this morning and some woman is holding up everyone else trying to salvage her two water bottles which she buried in her bag (you could tell she thought they would be hidden). What a PIA situation.

Seriously. Forgetting is one thing. Trying to "smuggle" water is stupid. All you do is hold up the line.

Signed up for Global Entry which will qualify me for PRE once it is processed.

I've got 811,000 on American and the F'ers have given me nothing...

A co worker has American and he was complaining with 80K hes still stuck with the worst seats on the plane.

You go back to the main desk and check your bag, I guess. I forgot I had a knife once (and cigar lighters a couple of times) and simply abandoned them. Hell it was my fault, I knew you couldn't bring them on, I simply forgot they were in the bag

I put my cigs and lighter in my computer bag TSA PRE or normal screening, and I've not had a problem with them taking my lighter in the last year and a few months.

I put my cigs and lighter in my computer bag TSA PRE or normal screening, and I've not had a problem with them taking my lighter in the last year and a few months.

Good to know. Is it a torch lighter?

Since I always almost check a bag (and since I can't smoke a cigar in most any airport) I'll probably just continue to check my cigars and lighter. But it's good to know.

A co worker has American and he was complaining with 80K hes still stuck with the worst seats on the plane.

The office books my tickets for me so as soon as I see my flights pop up on the Delta app, I change my seats to where I want to be. Saved myself a lot of misery that way with not getting stuck with a middle seat. Does American have an app that allows that?

Good to know. Is it a torch lighter?

Since I always almost check a bag (and since I can't smoke a cigar in most any airport) I'll probably just continue to check my cigars and lighter. But it's good to know.

just a simple Bic lighter,

The office books my tickets for me so as soon as I see my flights pop up on the Delta app, I change my seats to where I want to be. Saved myself a lot of misery that way with not getting stuck with a middle seat. Does American have an app that allows that?

This will be my first flight on American and I found the App poor as it tried to bring up an seating site the failed to load.

Delta is the BEST of the 3 I use. I check seats daily and move up constantly. W/Delta I can chose Economy the day I book. If not, then 24 hours before you get to pick the Economy seats or get bumped to First Class.

After 30 K on Delta (now over 50K) I was getting First Class and Sky Priority upgrades 75% of my flights. I just reached 30 K on United and when I went to look for better seats yesterday I got a message that I may get bumped to First Class! :thumbsup:

What ticks me off is the boarding order. I was always getting put in group 4 and 5 and by then all the overhead bins are full.

My last United flight I was in group 3 row 28, then at the counter I got a seat upgrade to Economy and they put my in group 4.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever