A quickie: RT vs. LT--Can Henderson Move?

As a Canes fan, I can confirm that Seantrel did play a lot of RT in college. I also recall that he played some guard. Presumably, both of those could be options.

As an aside, I have made it a point to watch him on every single offensive play. I have only watched the first half of the Pittsburgh game so far (in addition to the previous two games). Having said that, I am very, very happy with the way that he is playing - especially as a rookie. As Marrone said, Seantrel can play in this league. I thought that he would do well if he got his head on straight. He is acclimating to the NFL far more quickly than I thought he would (or pretty much what I typically would expect of any rookie left tackle). Presuming Cordy comes back healthy and is able to play LT, the fact that Seantrel had this window to play with the first team against the other teams' first team has worked out well both for the team and Seantrel. He seized the opportunity, and we have seen that he can play.

I also have to say (although it has very little to do with on field performance), I love the way that Seantrel goes out of his way to help up or pick up our running backs after they have been tackled. As a former running back, I think that is great. To me, it demonstrates how much he wants to be part of this team and the group of players we have.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Peter

As a Canes fan, I can confirm that Seantrel did play a lot of RT in college. I also recall that he played some guard. Presumably, both of those could be options.

As an aside, I have made it a point to watch him on every single offensive play. I have only watched the first half of the Pittsburgh game so far (in addition to the previous two games). Having said that, I am very, very happy with the way that he is playing - especially as a rookie. As Marrone said, Seantrel can play in this league. I thought that he would do well if he got his head on straight. He is acclimating to the NFL far more quickly than I thought he would (or pretty much what I typically would expect of any rookie left tackle). Presuming Cordy comes back healthy and is able to play LT, the fact that Seantrel had this window to play with the first team against the other teams' first team has worked out well both for the team and Seantrel. He seized the opportunity, and we have seen that he can play.

I also have to say (although it has very little to do with on field performance), I love the way that Seantrel goes out of his way to help up or pick up our running backs after they have been tackled. As a former running back, I think that is great. To me, it demonstrates how much he wants to be part of this team and the group of players we have.

Just my two cents.

I wouldn't mind Pears at RT if it meant Henderson stays on the left side as a guard and Richardson works his way as the starter on the right side.

That's a pretty damn good line.

i know right??

his hit on Tuel caused the fumble.

Kojo just seems lost out there right now.

They can put him on the practice squad cant they??

A second round pick is not going to get cut. He may not dress the entire year but he will make the roster. Players are not put on the PS. They need to be cut first. He would be signed in minutes to another team.

I'm confused Hairston is better than Pears, shouldn't he be the swing tackle?

Possibly. Today with Glenn back, they've put Henderson at RT and Pears at RG. If they can find a worthy LG, the line could be something.

I have honestly considered it a certainty for a while now that our tackles will be Glenn and Henderson. By the fact that Kujo hasn't seen any snaps at Guard (that i know of anyway) tells me he is destined for the practice squad (Ed Wang anyone? "Best 5 on the line" comment from marrone was very telling as well as "Henderson can start in this league" comment.

LG is set with Chris Williams.

Let's hope.

I have honestly considered it a certainty for a while now that our tackles will be Glenn and Henderson. By the fact that Kujo hasn't seen any snaps at Guard (that i know of anyway) tells me he is destined for the practice squad (Ed Wang anyone? "Best 5 on the line" comment from marrone was very telling as well as "Henderson can start in this league" comment.

There's still time to try Kujo at OG. I think they're going to give him a few days look-see at 2nd team RT and then make the move.

Just my two cents.

good post.

I have noticed he has continued to be the first one to help up his RB. pretty cool really. like he runs over to him.

Cordy and Seantrel ? thats a bookend to fantasize over !

now get thsoe guards sorted Doug