A quickie: RT vs. LT--Can Henderson Move?

I keep seeing Henderson's move from LT to RT as a given.

I also see folks saying part of Kujo's struggles come from making the same transition.

But didn't Henderson play RT @ the U?

And if he didn't, can anyone who knows a lick about OLines (played and/or coached) verify that once (if) Glenn is healthy, we can seamlessly move Henderson over.

I doubt anyone will say it will be "seamless," but it's a move worth making once Glenn returns because, yes, Henderson did play RT at UM and Pears is getting long in the tooth. As for Kujo, his deficiencies were hidden by playing with loads of talent. But I still think he can become a good OG.

I don't think there's any reason he can't. Almost all LT's have the ability to play RT with little effort to change. The fact that the Bills drafted Seantrel in the 7th round and he's playing so well makes up for the fact that they drafted Kouandjio in the 2nd and he's looked like a big lump on the field. The sooner that they get Glenn back, the better. I want to see the offensive line have a chance to gel and play together before the season starts.

RT and LT are not the same,though elite pass rushers on both LDE,and RDE and LBs have made similar skill sets more necessary of late. Seantrel played RT in college and it likely wouldn't take long to reacclimate. He's a big talented kid with a big future if he stays the course. As for Cyrus, he's so slow and awkward I don't think moving him to guard will be a quick fix, even that will take awhile, but may as well start the transition now.

RT and LT are not the same,though elite pass rushers on both LDE,and RDE and LBs have made similar skill sets more necessary of late. Seantrel played RT in college and it likely wouldn't take long to reacclimate. He's a big talented kid with a big future if he stays the course. As for Cyrus, he's so slow and awkward I don't think moving him to guard will be a quick fix, even that will take awhile, but may as well start the transition now.

Maybe the wrong place to ask, but how about the same question for the guards? Any difference between left and right? Is a guard a guard?

Call me crazy but RT is the least of the lines concerns right now. Both guard positions are underperforming. I would keep both Henderson, Kujo, and Hairston as back-up tackles. Let Pears go at the end of the season. Hairston can play some guard in a pinch. Then keep one more guard/center in addition to Wood, Glenn, Williams, and whoever wins the LG spot. That would be 9. I would rather keep an extra lineman and let Lee Smith bag groceries.

I'm confused Hairston is better than Pears, shouldn't he be the swing tackle?

Pears can't play LT and he has very limited experience at guard. He got some at guard with Oakland. That is all that I can find.

Has Pears ever taken reps at guard?

People say Kujo is too tall to play guard.

I think the knock on his height was out of his stance he gets up to quickly and doesn't keep himself low. Make it easier for defenders to get under his pads and push him back.

Any update on when Glenn might return? Definitely my biggest source of anxiety about the season.

Dunno but he was all but full go against the Steelers in the joint practices - have to believe he's very close.

I think the knock on his height was out of his stance he gets up to quickly and doesn't keep himself low. Make it easier for defenders to get under his pads and push him back.

So Kujo basically can't play at all? :censored:

Oh well - it could be worse:

"It's too early to push the panic button with Eric Fisher in Kansas City. But it's fair for the Chiefs to be concerned about the No. 1 overall pick of the 2013 NFL Draft. And it might not hurt to keep the button nearby."

http://www.nfl.com/n...ou-need-to-know

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Edited by BobChalmers

Dunno but he was all but full go against the Steelers in the joint practices - have to believe he's very close.

So Kujo basically can't play at all? :censored:

Oh well - it could be worse:

"It's too early to push the panic button with Eric Fisher in Kansas City. But it's fair for the Chiefs to be concerned about the No. 1 overall pick of the 2013 NFL Draft. And it might not hurt to keep the button nearby."

http://www.nfl.com/n...ou-need-to-know

:doh: :doh: :doh:

I guess you weren't paying attention: the Buffalo Bills rank 32nd in the NFL in ability to draft, and it's NOT EVEN CLOSE.

I guess you weren't paying attention: the Buffalo Bills rank 32nd in the NFL in ability to draft, and it's NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Hehe - so true, I forgot!

I haven't checked but I wonder what KC board posters are saying? Probably that the Chiefs rank 47th in the league at drafting! :rolleyes: