Training camp - week 5!

YoloinOhio

I asked the first question on the show, about Landon Cohen. After Pat Morris was done being interviewed, I asked him a question about Hairston, who PFF rates as the best OT on our team Overall. He said, "Let me buy you a beer." We talked about how Hairston has been slid out to OT, will take more time, Cordy and Seantrel are elite, Hairston's 3rd, very good but first one in, Pears is the consummate pro and has done everything asked, Pears is better now with offseason scoping and is 100% for the first time in years, better than ever due to leg strength.

It was the best time of my summer.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read the news that camp is indoors today. Sucks because I was going to go and write copious notes.

Morris said that Pears was agreeable, anything to help the team win.

Morris said that Chris Williams was a decent tackle but a very good OG. His experience is his best asset. He also said they will use pulling guards and center more this year. I told him I saw that at camp, with Pears and Chandler, and with Wood and Chandler. Both effective in themselves, but Mario doesn't always set the edge. Will watch for pulling OL in the Bucs game.

is this to mean they may run more screens? I recall it was mentioned last year they didn't think they had the personnel on the OL last year to run those effectively.

@WHAM1180

#Bills HC Doug Marrone not only clearly frustrated but furious after more camp scuffles. Forces both offense and defense to run sprints

It's gonna be interesting to see how this team responds if they lose a couple (few) in a row.

Is this normal NFL training camp behavior blown up via the twitter age, or is this a dire volatile situation?

It's gonna be interesting to see how this team responds if they lose a couple (few) in a row.

Is this normal NFL training camp behavior blown up via the twitter age, or is this a dire volatile situation?

There always seems to be a few. Marrone is more sensitive to the concept than most coaches it seems. He really hates it. Other coaches seem to tolerate it a lot more. So I doubt that it is happening more to us, or is just being reported now. It's just an issue because our coach hates fighting.

i don't know how normal it is but if you watch hard knocks, all the falcons do is fight.

@JoeBuscaglia: Marrone has taken Jerry Hughes aside after practice. Talking calmly with him

@buffalobills: Watkins: "We have a great team, we just have to come together and win games. When we win games, people will start believing in us" #BILLieve

@buffalobills: .@sammywatkins on his first #BillsCamp: "I think I handled it pretty well ... I think I got better" http://t.co/t7y7eH8KPK

@ajwilliams23: Finally camp is over! Thank you Lord for giving me the strength to get me through another Training Camp. Now let's get this season started!

@JaySkurski: At one point Marrone told Jerry Hughes "you don't have to play on this team." Marrone to the whole team: "get your (expletive) together."

@ChrisTrapasso: #Bills WR Sammy Watkins listed as @MoveTheSticks's No. 2 Offensive Rookie of the Year candidate ---> http://t.co/jR1s3Ec5xQ

@buffalobills: Manuel: "Each day we've progressed ... I can see the growth and development"

@buffalobills: Marrone: "None of us have seen the locker room or the stadium ... We're excited" #RockTheRenovatedRalph