Training camp - week 5!

YoloinOhio

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@buffalobills: Watkins: "We have a great team, we just have to come together and win games. When we win games, people will start believing in us" #BILLieve

@buffalobills: .@sammywatkins on his first #BillsCamp: "I think I handled it pretty well ... I think I got better" http://t.co/t7y7eH8KPK

@ajwilliams23: Finally camp is over! Thank you Lord for giving me the strength to get me through another Training Camp. Now let's get this season started!

@JaySkurski: At one point Marrone told Jerry Hughes "you don't have to play on this team." Marrone to the whole team: "get your (expletive) together."

@ChrisTrapasso: #Bills WR Sammy Watkins listed as @MoveTheSticks's No. 2 Offensive Rookie of the Year candidate ---> http://t.co/jR1s3Ec5xQ

@buffalobills: Manuel: "Each day we've progressed ... I can see the growth and development"

@buffalobills: Marrone: "None of us have seen the locker room or the stadium ... We're excited" #RockTheRenovatedRalph

Love this

CBF

@JoeBuscaglia: The final practice of #Bills camp is complete, but camp isn't over. The team will be at SJFC until Saturday morning before the game at RWS

@JaySkurski: Doug Marrone, furious after another fight, has Bills run a lap during final camp practice http://t.co/wxqoejTqZO via @TheBuffaloNews

"Shortly after practice wrapped up, Marrone pulled Hughes out of the defensive line's huddle for a conversation."

"I told Jerry that I love the way he practices and I love the way he plays special teams -- how he goes about it," Marrone said. "We've got to get some other guys who are starters to do that, too. That was my conversation with him."

Makes me feel better

CBF

"Shortly after practice wrapped up, Marrone pulled Hughes out of the defensive line's huddle for a conversation."

Makes me feel better

CBF

i have no problem with how Marrone is handling this. He was a player at one time and he gets it but he needs to show that he has control of the team. They have been there for 5 weeks, these things happen.

i have no problem with how Marrone is handling this. He was a player at one time and he gets it but he needs to show that he has control of the team. They have been there for 5 weeks, these things happen.

Marrone challenged Hughes to an "Officer and a Gentleman" fist fight after practice is what I'm hearing. :rolleyes:

Thank goodness...quite possible the most exhausting 5 weeks of my life :lol:

So, no play by play tweets from the fieldhouse or stadium right????

I'm extremely happy that for the most part, I can now analyze what I see for myself (with my Untrained Eye) and not what runs through the filter of a blogger or reporter.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I like Marrone...he still has to prove he can put this team together as a winner, but thus far with what evidence I have from the games and one + season of work, I like him...and I really hope he is successful with the BILLS as shown by Playoff berths, wins and a Super Bowl at some point in the near future...in my mind, so far he deserves a vote of confidence. No Coach is perfect, mistakes are made but in the end, it's about getting it done in the W-L column and he has yet to show that, but I'm willing to give him the next 2 seasons before I start feeling as though he's not the right guy for the job, barring an abysmal blow up, i.e. 3-13 record this year...anyways, I like Marrone and do actually have confidence he'll find a way to put this whole team together, including the other Coaches and Coordinators, to put a winning team on the field...time will tell

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I like Marrone...he still has to prove he can put this team together as a winner, but thus far with what evidence I have from the games and one + season of work, I like him...and I really hope he is successful with the BILLS as shown by Playoff berths, wins and a Super Bowl at some point in the near future...in my mind, so far he deserves a vote of confidence. No Coach is perfect, mistakes are made but in the end, it's about getting it done in the W-L column and he has yet to show that, but I'm willing to give him the next 2 seasons before I start feeling as though he's not the right guy for the job, barring an abysmal blow up, i.e. 3-13 record this year...anyways, I like Marrone and do actually have confidence he'll find a way to put this whole team together, including the other Coaches and Coordinators, to put a winning team on the field...time will tell

Ditto!

I was very skeptical of him early on, but I agree. There is definitely a different "feel" to this team under Marrone. Time will tell if he can turn them into a winner, but I am liking him more and more everyday. The more he comes off as an a-hole, the more I like him.

Wow - pretty strong words from Marrone in Skurski article linked above

"It’s not part of the game," he said then. "Therefore, I don't want to speak about it. It hurts the integrity of our game the more we talk about it. That’s how I feel about fighting."

So why did he have to deal with it a day later?

"Lack of respect," the coach said.

Respect for the game, respect for coaches or respect for other players, Marrone was asked.

"All. Check one, check two and check three," he said.

Oh - and call me a cynic but I don't believe for a second that his discussion with Hughes after practice was how happy he was with how he played the game, after getting in a shouting match with him earlier and telling him he didn't have to play on this team...

Edited by stevewin