Fans of "New" Country Music

truth on hold

Add me to the list of people who really like this song. Not sure what that says about me, or you.

Funny story. Turns out the brother of the guy that wrote both those songs is an acquaintance of mine. I ran into him a few weeks ago and he got to talking about how his brother is a song writer in Nashville and showed me a list of his hits. And I'll be damned if both of those songs weren't on that list.

I didn't have the heart to tell him what emasculated crap I find his brother's music to be. But it really is awful. No girl ever fell for any guy acting like the guy in that song - a spineless jellyfish who agrees with whatever the girl says. I know a guy that acts like that and he's pushing 40 and never had a girlfriend. It's sad. I have more respect for the music Justin Beiber puts out.

Edited by Rob's House

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added some new ones:

Darius Rucker

- Come Back Song

- Alright

- Don't Think About It

- Homegrown Honey

Darryl Worley

- Keep the Change

- Better than I deserve

Dierks Bentley

- Say You Do

- Drunk on a Plane

- Riser

Eric Church

- Homeboy

Florida Georgia Line

- Dirt

Kip Moore

- Something About a Truck

Up to 24 tracks now. Pretty much done.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

• 4 weeks later...

old crow won the grammy for best folk album this year and "wagon wheel" paved the way. rucker covering it or not, a good song and a deserving band. not sure if they'r new country but they're kin to it and i like them.

and one of my favorite new country songs, smaltz and all (skip to about 2:10): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfySPVYYDnI

Edited by birdog1960