Is there a doctor in the house (re: bruised ribs)

YoloinOhio

I'm no doctor but I would shut him down til week 1. Maybe let him get to practice in a week or so when pain subsides but no contact at all til opening week. These games are meaningless exhibitions and there is no sense in risking further injury in them.

I woukd also keep FJax and Spiller out of last 2 preseason games. Those 2 have nothing to prove or gain from playing in meaningless games. Those 3 players are the most important players on offense so why risk it?

I'm no doctor but I would shut him down til week 1. Maybe let him get to practice in a week or so when pain subsides but no contact at all til opening week. These games are meaningless exhibitions and there is no sense in risking further injury in them.

I woukd also keep FJax and Spiller out of last 2 preseason games. Those 2 have nothing to prove or gain from playing in meaningless games. Those 3 players are the most important players on offense so why risk it?

I would say sit Sammy out until game 2 against Miami.

It is a more meaningful game(AFC and division) and this way Miami won't have any tape on him.

I am working on the same theory as Schwartz not tipping his hand defensively by running his actual defenses in the preseason.

It's a very sound rationale.

Chicago won't know what's coming defensively so that will result in an easy win and Miami won't know how good Sammy is and that will lead to a 2-0 start.

Koundijo will win us a game in similar fashion when they activate him in the season finale. :thumbsup:

I actually saw the topic, and rushed in to see if a Doctor would opine.

so far, 2 pages devoid of anything. :doh:

What are you looking for, a free diagnosis ? You got to pay like everybody else.......

If you ever strain your inter or intra costals, well, god save you. You're in severe pain for a while. I've done it twice in my life and it was tremendously painful.

Agreed, I couldn't breath without being in immense pain!

I agree. Why risk further inuring it?

CBF

Absolutely, let him sit out, he's shown ability in training camp. Let him rest till the real thing begins!

Ive had that injury twice. V hard to get treatment to make a difference. Maybe they would give him a stronger anti inflammatory like prednisone, but it gets a little better everyday. The pain can be pretty intense and prevent full deep breaths for awhile.

It helps your healing time when you're a supremely conditioned athlete in your early 20's.

its not a nagging type injury, he will be plenty ready to torch the Bears on Sept 7 th

Ive had that injury twice. V hard to get treatment to make a difference. Maybe they would give him a stronger anti inflammatory like prednisone, but it gets a little better everyday. The pain can be pretty intense and prevent full deep breaths for awhile.

It helps your healing time when you're a supremely conditioned athlete in your early 20's.

its not a nagging type injury, he will be plenty ready to torch the Bears on Sept 7 th

You've had what injury twice? Has anyone seen anything definative? All I've seen is speculation.

You've had what injury twice? Has anyone seen anything definative? All I've seen is speculation.

For gods sake people. Since no one here knows the exact diagnosis what makes you think a doctor or anyone else is going to be able to give you a meaningful prognosis?

What we know is Watkins has "bruised ribs". In general, these things heal when they heal. I'm sure Watkins is getting the best care possible so just let it go and I'm sure when he is able to play he will play.