Rising Stock / Falling Stock?

boyst

Rising:

--Duke Williams: Dude can hit.

-- Seantrel Henderson. Should be day 1 starter at RT

--Landon Cohen: guy is making plays on a consistent basis.

--Dixon: this guy looks like EJ and FJax combo. Speed, and hits the holes.

--Bryce Brown: like Dixon, performing well. Eagles fans I know are jealous we got him.

--Graham: Guy looks much better than the #1 faller.

Falling---

--Gilmore: The oppossite of a "shutdown" corner as teams continually throw at him, WR's put double moves on him, and he lacks ball awareness. Perhaps a move to safety would help him.

--Konjo: looks like he is running in molasses. Should be moved to guard immediatley. Why a guy with arithic knees was taken in the 2nd round is beyond me.

--Whaley: Love some of his moves (Watkins); hate others. Taking Konjo in the second round is too high to take a risk. ON the other hand, Henderson in the 7th was brilliant. Not having ANY veteran QB on this team is a disaster. Getting Dixon and Brown were great moves.

--EJ: Looks the same as he did last season: staring down receivers, putting too much air on the ball, can't move the team in the red zone.

--Branch: guy got a fat contract, and then got fat and lazy.

I'm gonna leave the players on the fringe out of this ranking but...

Rising:

1. Mike Williams

2. Hughes

3. Henderson

4. Woods

Falling:

1. Marrone (I just get the impression that he is lost and doesnt stack up well against other head coaches)

2. Branch

3. Urbik

4. Hackett

Also, what the heck is APB?

I'm gonna leave the players on the fringe out of this ranking but...

Rising:

1. Mike Williams

2. Hughes

3. Henderson

4. Woods

Falling:

1. Marrone (I just get the impression that he is lost and doesnt stack up well against other head coaches)

2. Branch

3. Urbik

4. Hackett

Also, what the heck is APB?

all points bulletin

No, he is not.

Hughes can't stop the run, we had three good players for the run last year. Two of them are gone. Byrd and Alonso. Mario Williams is the only one left. We did add Brandon Spikes, though.

So a team that was horrible against the run netted 1 lost player against the run.

Md99 eats up some run.. Why isn't he getting any recognition?

Byrd vs run- anytime you're talking free safety as a key run defender, you've got big problems

Spikes is one of the nfls premier run stuffing MLBs so it's not a marginal add. The Preston brown draft pick brings another run thumper too. Add in Schwarz who has certainly produced his share of stingy run defense and I'd say you really don't have a clear basis to forecast a worse than previous run defense.

Rising:

Robey- proved no matter what competition they bring in he keeps making plays

Graham - would still like him as a safety but even at DB seems a sure tackle and sniffs out playmaking opportunities

Randall Johnson - I had to look him up, but man he was all over the field. Great late rounder that could make the squad

Fredex- every season his stock falls while people lament his age, until they see him running tough and squirming though the masses for yards.

Run d- looks stout at the point of attack

Graham- could they days of nervously awaiting mclovin to flub a punt finally be over. Now we can nervously await TJ to flub a punt... Although his style of stomach catching actually helps him in this case...

Falling

Thad and Tuel- they look worse than they did last year

Bryce brown- had all the hopes in the world, but vs steelers he bounced it outside for a loss more than CJ would have.... And that is saying something

The whole o-line: with draft picks and FA's this unit should be better than last year. I havnt seen a reason to believe it.

Hackett- with every field goal drive he is losing creditability as an nfl coordinator. He's gotta be on the shortest leash after looking at all that they've added (4 linemen, Watkins, Brown, Dixson, Williams, additional coaching help,etc.)

Passing d- very keystone cop-like at times. Be it long balls to rookies in the EZ, double moves or surrendering big RACs after being out of position. Hope that was worked out of the system.

Easley- hogan and graham are showing they can contribute as STers and they are already better receivers.